I have had this post in a draft for over 2 month now. I have wanted to document the words Lucy can say and then I feel like I wait a day and she knows 2 more, so I think I will wait until she platueas for a while but, with each passing week her vocab is tripling so better now than never.
So here is Lucy's vocab (roughly) in order of first words to most recent discoveries.
Disclaimer: keep in mind- these are not always clear to the untrained ear, but they are definitely "words" in my book because of the consistency in making the same "noise" for a particular item.
Hi
Ball
Ma Ma
Uh Oh
Ba Ba (daddy)
Will
Bye Bye!
Eye
Ok
There She Is!
Shoes
Milk
Noah
Soft
Hot
Tickle Tickle
Amen
More
up
Thank you
Baby
Ear
Phone
All done!
Pee eww!
Belly Button
Honk, honk!/ nose?!
Boom!
No!
Night Night (what she calls her blankie and binkey)
Poo poo!
Bless you!
Snack
Mouth
Hair
Head
Bow
Nana (banana..and my mom?)
Isaac
Brigham-kinda
Poppa
Big girl!
Boo!
Socks
Water
Airplane
Addie
Bird
One! (when asked how old she is...while holding up 5 fingers)
Outside
Ow!
I think I counted 50 words. Whew! Go Lucy!
I bet if you asked her she would tell you she could say a whole lot more than that because she is constantly talking! Someone will seriously ask her a question and she will go on for 10 seconds jabbering like she is answering! It is hilarious! She is usually very animated in her reply as well. She loves to throw her head back and laugh. It's my favorite right now!
Also, she still does this general bark/moo thing for all animals so i guess I can't count that as a word. And I SWEAR she sings "nigh, nigh" for the song "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae You know that really catchy song? She also throws in a little "la , la, la!" it's soo cute! But Erik is still skeptical that is indeed what she is singing! But, ask my brothers...it's true!
It is also amazing to me all that she can understand. At this point you can pretty much ask her to get any familiar thing and she can. I feel like most that I say to her she understands and she is able to follow basic instructions. I love that.
So that's her vernacular update as of 10/25/11...I can't wait as the list grows longer and she can begin to string multiple words together in a sentence. It is so cute to hear her say more and more words and start to see her little personality even more! I love this girl!
2 comments:
Yay! Way to go Lucy!!! :)
And I'm impressed by your vocabulary using words like "vernacular" or however you spell it. I'm impressed!
I had to laugh at your comment on my blog about you being a beast in the same situation.(which is so untrue.) but it made me think about the beast you had to deal with in the backseat of your car for that oh so short but oh so long car ride. haha. The memories.
Post a Comment