Monday, October 24, 2011

Playdoh (revisited)


Lucy got some playdoh for her first birthday. Around June I pulled it out to play with her for the first time. It was a little bit of a failure. She had no interest and in fact thought it was gross to touch.
I had kind of forgotten about it until the other day I was desperate for something new to entertain her. I was skeptical but I pulled it out again to play with. Well let me tell you, a few months has worked miracles! She loved it! We made a monster (she ruined it before I could get a picture) and made bouncy balls, and worms..all the basics. It was really fun. I tried to relax about the mess and the mixing of colors. It's funny how that stuff gives me anxiety. I just have to get over it.
I did think it was funny that she kept licking it and then making a disgusted face and looked at me as if she was saying "why did you let me do that?" She did that over and over again! It was like her impulse was just to lick it, she couldn't resist, and then she immediately was reminded how gross it was! ha! poor girl!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey Nik. Looks like fun. If you are worried about the mess you could think about getting her a little craft table for Christmas. You know like the little table and chairs grandma has for the little kids on the deck. Just her size and she has many years of messy projects and fun ahead of her. A little table might help you keep the mess in one spot and is always fun for the little ones to sit at. Happy messes!!!