Friday, October 28, 2011

So Sweet

So I just had  to share this.

Long story- my Aunt and Uncle moved into my Grandma and Grandpa's old house (the house my mom grew up in) and since my grandpa died over 8 years ago (at the young age of 60) it has just been to big for my grandma and she now lives in an attached apartment. So, anyway they decided to remove this lovely rock wall that was in the living room, and was probably very "in" in the 70's.

Beautiful huh? I can't believe they are removing it either?! ;) So my Aunt sent me this picture today as they were taking it down.

Much to everyone's surprise my sweet Grandpa left behind a little gift

Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever seen? I can just imagine my 30 year old Grandpa picking up a rock as they are building there new home and sketching this on the wall. I have always admired the love my grandpa showed my Grandma. I remember they used to always hold hands in the car. He was a jokester and quite the tease but I could always tell how much he adored my grandmother.

I just love the idea that this has been under there after all these years. I just cried when I saw it, what a beautiful gift after all these years for my grandma to see. What a sweet reminder of how much he loved her. He even threw in an adorable little heart! i mean come on isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen? I miss my grandpa so much. He was the best grandpa you could ask for. I love this reminder of his sweet and fun personality, it makes him feel a little closer.

Thanks for sharing Heidi! I think you should preserve this...somehow. ? anyone have an idea?

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Uh... WOW. That is ridiculously sweet. Go Grandpa!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

That is so nice! What a wonderful discovery.

Charity Brown said...

awwwww! I love that! So sweet!

Stephanie said...

Wow. That is a tender mercy if I ever saw one. How did your grandma react? That is so beautiful and sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren Simpson said...

We have the best grandpa ever! :)

Brent said...

I love your grandpa too, Nichole. I was lucky enough to spend many, many hours with him on countless fishing trips. Sometimes just the two of us. I know he loved his family more than anything in the world. I wish we could have him back, the world would be a better place with him here.

Lisa Fox said...

WOW, that is so sweet! What a fun suprise. I too want to know what your grandma thought...you'll have to "update" this soon. :)

Dallings said...

I love it.