Lucy and I just returned from 2 weeks in Utah. The first week we hang out with my mom a lot and the whole family. And then the 2nd week my parents went to Hawaii and I was left to babysit the kids. That week Lucy and I had to get a little more creative to fill our days...we got a little bored.
The first weekend we spent watching conference and making some fall treats including some caramel dipped apples. We made some dipped in white chocolate and cinnamon on top of the caramel..oh it was heaven!
Lucy loved playing out in the luscious grassy backyard! She played with the slide and the swings, and even learned to climb up into the huge playhouse. It scared me a bit.
I loved having many helpers! The kids would practically fight over who got to take her outside to play! She loved getting to know her aunts and uncles more. She still say's Isaac's name (with his "sign") 10 times a day!
My brother Nate also came up for a weekend. I was soo happy! It was great to catch up with him. That was the best weekend. I love my brothers! We stayed up to the wee hours of the night playing band hero, Mario kart...and the game of Life of course! ha
I also got together with my favorite cousin Lauren. We chatted over some take out Chinese food...it was the best!
So once my parents left the first day I layed around and watched t.v. all day (p.s..i miss that remote that pauses) and then quickly realized that was not going to work all week with this busy little one. So we got creative and started planning some outings.First stop- Gardner Village
She didn't love me taking her picture all over the place.
She especially hated being placed by witches...which is the whole point of Gardner Village this time of the year...oh well. Then we went to Quilted Bear to get craft inspirations. I love doing that when I go to Utah.
We also hit up Petco...twice in one day. I had never taken Lucy and she totally loved it. So I will be doing that more often!
(sorry blurry pic)
Events not pictured:
(maybe I need to take more?)
We also hit up the local rec center indoor pool. Which was perfect for Lucy's size, I took the kids after school and they all had a blast. Lucy and I also made a trip down to Provo to see my bestie Lauren W. We had a wonderful lunch date and then Lu and I went and bought Lucy a much needed BYU shirt for her to cheer on the Cougs with her daddy! It was great being back to the ole stopping grounds. That campus brings back so many memories.
Another highlight of visiting was getting to see my brothers doing there "things." We went to a marching band competition to cheer on Noah (he plays the drums), 2 Lacrosse games of Brigham's, and 2 of Isaac's soccer games. I actually really, really enjoy watching and cheering on my brothers in there sports. I get really into it! ;) I hate missing out on all those things because we live so far away! I wish I could have watched Gracie dance!
Two flights alone and two weeks away from our Daddy was a little rough, but we were definitely happy to see my family and spend time with them. I love watching Lucy get to know everyone better and become more comfortable with them. And of course we were totally happy to let my parents go to Hawaii, they totally deserve it!
2 comments:
You are such a fun sister. Video games all night long. It made me miss my little brother. Lucy will never have a dull moment.
Looks like you had a busy time :) I'm sure they all just loved you watching them though and having Lucy there. It's always fun to be around family, but makes you realize how much you miss them. Glad to have you back!
Post a Comment