Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


I know I sound like a broken record...but seriously this is one of my favorite traditions of the year. There is no way I would miss-nor have I ever missed carving a pumpkin. This year we had a few friends over to join in the fun. We enjoyed some yummy treats-cup of dirt-graveyard style (love!), great music (thank you Pandora- I guess "wicked" is a Halloween song?!!) and of course the pumpkins! Good thing Erik and I did the "all you can carry" pumpkin deal at the patch because we ended up needing an extra pumpkin. When i cut into my first one instantly it gushed with liquid-i have never smelt anything so awful in my life! I surprised all our friends didn't run away! Needless to say it was very rotten. So good thing we had backup! I love this little boy! He was a big helper-got on my table and put all the candles in the pumpkins! not to mention his cute little sister! I loved having these kids around it made me feel more at home. We even got to enjoy some of "The Little Mermaid" that evening thanks to these two! (maybe we should always work that in to our carving traditions) ha! Look at there awesome Cat and Bruce the shark! What skills they have! Here are all the final products. I think we did a darn good job. Quite the skills. Erik and mine are the "EEK" and the spider in the middle. What an awesome tradition. I am already planning what I will carve next year! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Those kids are adorable! The boy kind of reminds me of Jenna's baby.