Sunday, November 7, 2010

Family Olympics...forever ago

So this is late news...but back in September....
What was I thinking? What a problem when you have so many friends!!! So I thought it would be fun to throw a summer send off neighborhood party-Olympic themed. Well I forgot that there are about 30 student families in our neighborhood that also go to our church...and of course I wanted to invite them all! Woah what a task...I think it ended up being about 70 kids and adults! I was a little worried but I think it ended up being really fun! It was a little crazy and let's just say I got an awesome work out that day...and lost my voice. But we sure love all our great friends. I don't think we ever want to leave Dental school! The decorations and our brunch items.
The carrying of the torch and the teams with there team "flags"
you may notice the Dunn family are in a lot of these photos...that's because I had no time to take pictures so I stole Sara's and some of Danielle's. Thanks girls!
some of the games included piggy back parent, call for mother, 3 legged race, relay race, shotput throw and a game of tag your tail!
my little gold medalist! :) (big thanks to Erik for taking care of Lucy while Momma ran the show!)
(and thank goodness I am not this fat anymore...I don't think.)
look at all those people!!!! Luckily we have that great big field in our back yard! But it really was very worth all the work-thanks for everyones help and I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. (but I don't think this is going to be an ongoing tradition or anything...)

:)

1 comment:

Lindsay Coudron said...

This was so fun!!! Okay I know we were going to do the pillows together, but I wasn't sure how we would all sew together and it ended up being a pain and I'm not in love with it!!! Sorry:) I'll find an easier craft:)