Monday, October 25, 2010

2!...6!

This post is basically shameful and embarrassing, unfortunately I need to document my husbands birthday so...here it goes. yes I am an awful wife- I didn't know that we were out of candles, oh except this lovely number 2?! Which I am not even sure where it came from!So just pretend (like Erik had to) that there is also a 6 next to that 2. We did go out to dinner on his big day..thanks to my parents for the gift cards!! That was fun, but then he left me to go to an intramural football game! (which, btw I would normally go to, but Lucy was sick!) I know this picture is blurry but I wanted to show my mom my haircut!
So ladies- I don't know if your husbands are like this but Erik is IMPOSSIBLE to get gifts for. He always say's there is nothing he wants! And when I did think of things it was things he needed/wanted before his birthday. SO it was one of those birthday's where you remind them of those socks you bought them a month ago was there birthday present! LAME! I know. Erik just doesn't care-(about his own birthday) So it has made me not care as much, but day of I feel awful! So I need to remember to still make a big deal out of his birthday's even if he protests and says he needs nothing etc.

On that note- here is another one of those "remember this was for your birthday" things. We re-planted grass (which it looks even better now) It looks soo good! We also planted mums and a few pansies. I think it looks AWESOME and Erik is obsessed with his grass! He really enjoys this kind of stuff and we both get joy out of looking at our beautiful yard.

So, although the birthday was lame- it in no reflects my love for my wonderful husband. I really am a lucky girl. I got a great guy who I love and adore and makes me want to be better everyday. Happy 26th sweetie!

added note: we did go out this weekend again for his birthday to a yummy and very nice Japanese Steakhouse and then we also went and played some arcade games at Dave and Busters...better? (thanks to Danielle for watching Lucy!) We had a great date night!

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Nichole. Don't feel bad. Tony's birthdays are always terrible. I usually don't even buy candles:) And your yard does look amazing btw.

Mindy and Larry said...

Cute haircut! And I think the candle story is so funny and cute...part of losing your mind as a mom!!! :) And your yard does look awesome! Great job, guys!

Stephanie said...

My husband's the same way about presents. I made a commitment to start brainstorming gifts for him all year long so I don't have to think of something lame at the last minute. It would be so much easier if he was like me and talked constantly about the things I want :)

Lauren Simpson said...

Cute haircut!! I want to see more pics!

Shannon said...

lol! I forget candles for almost every single one of my kids birthdays!! When they are older looking through the photo albums, they won't be able to count the candles on the cake to figure out how old they were turning- usually there were as many candles as I could find! (Almost always at least 2 less than they actually are! ha ha!!)