Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby Toys

What is the best toy(s) to get a 8-12 month old baby? I need to start getting a list for Christmas, and I have very little ideas. I was thinking maybe some blocks, something she can hold on to to learn to walk, something small to ride, a little interactive table/toy...? Fill in the blank. Please recommend toys, brands, places to purchase, etc. Thanks Ladies!

I mean how can I resist getting the best for this happy little girl!?

the second one is my absolute FAVORITE! :) I dare you to not smile!

6 comments:

Brett and Amanda said...

piper loved her little interactive table at that age. it was musical and it spoke english and spanish. it was perfect for her to stand up against and learn to walk around. she also loved those classic alphabet blocks. we would build her towers out of them (now she will hardly let us get more than 3 blocks high before she wants to destroy it haha). also books books books!

Jenna said...

i think probably a barbie castle or maybe a wii? kids seem to like those :) okay, but blocks are awesome- we got squishy/squeaky ones from target in cute colors, and a little walking/push toy with music. we only those toys and they got us by for a long time (plus lots and lots of books!)

Bekah said...

I should preface this by saying I do not have this toy, but they have those ride on toys that you can also push behind. My nephew has a mickey mouse one, but they have tinkerbell and princess ones and dora. They are at Target, maybe Walmart too. And then when she's older she can ride on it too. Books, blocks, those interactive tables are fun, though we don't have it. My kids just walk on the outside of their exersaucer for those toys. Stacking rings, sorting toys, etc.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

What a darling laugh. She is a happy girl!

Cami said...

I looked back at what Sydney got her first Christmas--she was about 8 months old--and found "My Pretty Learning Purse" by Fisher Price was her favorite present. It makes noises and plays songs when you open it and play with the zipper, can be munched on without ruining it, and has lots of contents to be played with. Even now she likes to put stuff in her purse and play with it. I know it's at Target but it's probably at most toy stores. You can look it up online. So that's my two cents.

J said...

stacking cups, the kind that nest into each other, stacking rings, things with buttons to push, Liam likes his little toy piano right now, he's 7 months old, and it's his favorite. Oh and books, Liam is in love with board books.

btw, I tried your dare, I lasted just under 20 seconds :)