Thanks to my awesome cousin Lauren who kindly watched Lucy that night for us. We didn't think she would enjoy it very much. Oh funny story- My Dad's friends saw us there before the show started and the man asked "so, are you like going crazy, are you having heart palpatations?" I replied "omgosh yes, I am soo excited for Carrie Underwood!" And he laughed and said "oh I meant about leaving your baby behind!" haha! Wups! I did miss little Lucy and was so happy to see her afterwards...but I knew she was in good hands, and momma couldnt miss Carrie sweetie...sorry!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Celebrating the 4th in Style!
We arrived in Utah on the morning of July 1st. While we were still at the airport my Dad tells us that a very kind friend of his gave us tickets to the Stadium of Fire. When I heard the news I thought "oh wow, how fun!" I have always wanted to go and when we were living at BYU we were always cheap losers who stood out in the parking lot just hoping to hear a note or two from singers such as oh I dunno Miley Cryus or let's say The Jonas Brothers...ya know all the greats! ;) So anyway my next question was "so who's performing this year?" (having no idea) And then the glorious reply came...."CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!!!!" WHAT?!?! Holy Cow! No Way!! I flipped! I didn't care that I was in the airport. I started doing my crazy excited dance and squealing like a little girl! I was siked! Seriously I couldn't have picked a better person to come perfom. I am not a huge concert fan at all but I have always said that the 2 people I would die to see are Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood. We checked off the first when last fall Erik took me to see Rascal Flatts and then here just by luck I was going to check off my number 2! AHH! I couldn't wait for Sat. night! So here was our night in reverse order....
The amazing firework show! I have never seen anything like it. It is MUCH better inside the stadium. It was so neat. I loved all the patrotic music they played with it. It really made me reflect on America's greatness and this beautiful country we live in.
The country Diva herself. Ms. Carrie Underwood. Oh she did not dissapoint. She was a GREAT performer!
And she is very beautiful of course! We were on the 4th row of the actually stadium seats. There were some chairs right up by the stage on the grass though. I still thought our view was perfect!
Me and my bro's! (don't mind the fat face)

Thanks to my awesome cousin Lauren who kindly watched Lucy that night for us. We didn't think she would enjoy it very much. Oh funny story- My Dad's friends saw us there before the show started and the man asked "so, are you like going crazy, are you having heart palpatations?" I replied "omgosh yes, I am soo excited for Carrie Underwood!" And he laughed and said "oh I meant about leaving your baby behind!" haha! Wups! I did miss little Lucy and was so happy to see her afterwards...but I knew she was in good hands, and momma couldnt miss Carrie sweetie...sorry!
Thanks to my awesome cousin Lauren who kindly watched Lucy that night for us. We didn't think she would enjoy it very much. Oh funny story- My Dad's friends saw us there before the show started and the man asked "so, are you like going crazy, are you having heart palpatations?" I replied "omgosh yes, I am soo excited for Carrie Underwood!" And he laughed and said "oh I meant about leaving your baby behind!" haha! Wups! I did miss little Lucy and was so happy to see her afterwards...but I knew she was in good hands, and momma couldnt miss Carrie sweetie...sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha, clearly i didn't realize who i was talking to when i so carelessly said, "who actually wants to see Carrie Underwood?" last Sunday.
Wow, you had a great 4th!! I just wanted to tell you there is a compilation of LDS Women Birth Stories going on right now, and they are in need of stories from women who had spiritual experiences with medicated births. Yours is the first one I thought of...especially the way you made all your decisions with prayer and were able to feel good about each step before, during, and after. Here's the link, if you feel like contributing: http://thegiftofgivinglife.blogspot.com/2010/07/updated-call-for-stories.html
Aww! You lucky duck!!! I was just down the street working during that concert, but then I had to just drive home! Sniff sniff!!!
Lucky girl! We went also because I couldn't miss Carrie, but I took my baby and was in the bathroom and under the bleachers the whole time. Oh well, maybe next time. :( Your pics are cute!
Post a Comment