Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lucy update (lame post title)

I just completed my first Costco shopping trip with a baby....

and lived to tell about it.


And for the record...I threw out the umbilical cord after much mocking, and I regret it! I miss it! If the trash man hadn't come yesterday I think I would go digging for it. (okay, probably not) But I am kinda having a hard time. Even though I also think it's gross...it's part of my baby?!? Ok- think I'm crazy, whatever, it's in the trash, it's over and I will get over it.

At Lucy's appointment on Tuesday she weighed in at 9lbs 1 ounce! Holy cow, I have got a big baby on my hands! haha. She still seems so little though. So in 2 weeks she gained back all her birth weight plus 8 ounces! Go Lu Lu!! She is a great eater and sleeps about a 6 hour stretch through the night...these are our favorite qualities about her! ;)

No, really she is just a joy. She is such a content baby. I can see changes in her everyday though, and that makes me both excited and sad! They grow too fast!!! I tried to control myself with just a few of my favorite pictures....and got carried away-of course! Enjoy!This one was just yesterday! Look how BIG she is!!!
Bath Time with Daddy!

We went to a baptism...her first church event, she slept through the whole thing!
She hates her car seat! Can you tell? Well she just hates it for the first few minutes, and as I am squishing her in it. After that she's fine. Looks comfy huh? poor girl!
Play time!!


Don't little baby's make the funniest faces? lol
Her hair gets a little wild after being in the heat!


Daddy loves to read to Lucy!


Also- How fast showed baby weight come off with your first? Cuz it is NOT going fast enough. I went to the mall yesterday...never do 3 weeks after having a baby, it's depressing, really depressing! I AM STILL SICK OF MATERNITY CLOTHES!!! And don't tell me I look great, because I think I look almost back to normal and then I try on my old jeans...and realize how very far I have to go! It's deceiving! grrr.
My doctor didn't specifiy about when I can start working out. I have heard 6 weeks, but if I am feeling fine can I start now?
And...dear pool, I would really like to come and enjoy you, but I have to find some board shorts or a swim skirt that fits me first...cuz things have changed. yeah..enough said.

18 comments:

Brett and Amanda said...

first of all, i LOVE that icecream cone dress. i seriously looked at that dress in gymboree for like 10 minutes yesterday. it looks so cute on lucy!
second, she is growing so fast! and that will NOT stop. seriously some days i'm like wow, wasn't piper just born? and then i look and she's terrorizing the house and running all over the place.
and third, i totally feel you on the losing-the-baby-weight topic. i had days where i'd be like "hey i bet i could wear my old clothes again." and then i'd get depressed if i couldn't. i mostly wore skirts all last summer because i really could wear my old ones of those so it felt good. and i think you can do light exercise (like walks and stuff) as long as you're feeling up to it. i just wouldn't try to run a marathon yet or anything ;)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

She is a cutie! Looks like you're having fun! I'm not talking from experience, but I do know it takes a while for your baby weight to come off! Be patient! You have great genes!

Jami & James said...

She is SO So So cute!!! Congrats Nikki!

Aly said...

Haha. That is hilarious. I am five months after my third baby and STILL have weight from the first! It takes a while, so don't get frustrated. You are only a couple of weeks! Nobody will judge. Anyways, Lucy's polka dot outfit is to die for. How have I not seen her yet? I know we have been at the same place at the same time and yet I always seem to be running after kids and you are always surrounded by people looking at your cute baby!

Anonymous said...

Well for me the baby weight comes off in a few weeks but that is only the BABY WEIGHT. Anything I gain above the twenty pound mark is mine to keep unless I diet and work out like a mad woman! BUMMER! As far as working out I always resume it as soon as I feel up to it. Usually 2 weeks or so. Lucy is adorable. Enjoy every minute!

Unknown said...

Lucy is so so cute! I miss that teeny-tiny baby stage. Secondly, losing baby weight is a pain. I remember thinking that I could fit into my pre-pregnancy pants and I went to put them on and they wouldn't even go up past my knees. But don't worry, you'll bounce back before you know it. Just remember, it took nine months to gain the weight, so having it take a little longer than 3 weeks shouldn't be that bad :)

Cami said...

I got frustrated at about a month after both my babies when I still had no clothes that fit but just give it a little more time! I'm in pre-pregnancy clothes again and Kenzie's about 12 weeks now. I'm not sure when I fit them again but it took more than 6 weeks. You put the weight on over 9 months, give yourself some time to take it off. I wouldn't suggest exercising before 6 weeks... it can really mess you up even if you thought you were up to it. Also, you might keep 5-10 pounds on until you stop nursing so just be aware of that.

Lyndsey said...

I didn't put my two cents in on your last post because I'm no mother but I just want to say: I'm so glad you threw the cord away Nichole! I think keeping it would be bordering lunacy. Pretty sure if my mom did that I would think she was creepy.

More importantly...Lucy is so adorable!! You can never go overboard on baby pictures:) So fun! We would love to come visit all of you guys at some future date!

Lisa Fox said...

First off- wholy adorable. I love that cute girl. Also, love that Erik is reading her a book about going to the dentist...so fitting! And yes they grow SOO fast. I swear some of my kids went from newborn to toddler in no time...Giselle is growing super fast as well. which by the way she is 5 months and i've lost 30 lbs..but still have about 10 lbs to go...slow and steady but at least it's coming along...just like Cami said I wear lots of skirts too!

Furniss Family said...

She is so cute! It was fun to meet her Monday! Hang in there, the weight this is frustrating. Don't go shopping, it always made me more depressed! I gained 45 lbs with both of mine & first 30 came off within a month or 2 , then nothing! Baylor is almost 4 months & still working on the rest of 15 lbs. I know it will come off eventually though, b/c with Lincoln within 10 months I was a couple lbs smaller than I had ever been. I know everyones pregnancy is different, but I'd wait 6 weeks to start doing big workouts, your body needs to heal & organs shift back to place. I always have gone walking though, makes me feel like I'm doing something & makes me feel better. Take care :)

Heidi said...

She is adorable. The first picture she looks a little like Isaac did as a tiny baby, but then the other pictures I can see some Eric in her. She must be a perfect blend of the two of you. Can't wait to see you guys next month.
Heidi

J said...

well Liam is now 14 weeks old and I still have 10 more lbs to lose, but I've decided I don't care if I ever lose it or not, I'm a mom now and that's all part of the territory! I have heard "nine months on-nine months off" quite a bit though. I also heard someone say after they lost a bunch of weight their toddler said, "mommy, I liked you better squishy" so just remember, your kids will like you better squishy! hahaha!!

Bekah said...

I can see her grandma has already bought her first Gymboree clothes haha! I kind of wish that Clara was big enough to wear 0-3 month now so she could fit hers. Adorable!

I think your body never is back to "normal". You lose all the weight (by 4 months with my first two, by 2 weeks this time, but I gained only 21) and then you still don't fit things. Your weight has redistributed. I can fit my prepregnancy clothes but I can't fit the same clothes I wore right before I got pregnant with Evan, even though i weigh the same. I had to drop 10 lbs below what I'd weighed before to fit the same clothes. I heard that about 2 years out your hips finally get back and you fit things better but I have never made it that far without getting pregnant (which I'm happy about).

Joel & Megan said...

Lucy looks SO CUTE!!!! Absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Thank you for sharing the cute pictures.

Also, don't stress about the baby weight. It's only been 3 weeks and at least for me and I would say MOST women it takes more time then that. It will come in time. Right now, take it one step at a time :) and enjoy every stage...even the "new body" that you have for now. It will change soon enough again :).

The Allred Family said...

Love the pics of Lucy. I saw your parents in UT and your mom went on and on about her. Of course, I did too. She is BEAUTIFUL. And she is Eric's little clone. I love that he is reading her a book about dentists. I know what you meana bout feeling like you look good until you try and out on old clothes or look at a picture of yourself. Just wait for that! That's the worst. What a reality check! I am sure you haven't got that far yet. Wait till baby numero tres! :) They are soooo worth it. I cried frewquently watchhing Quincy grow. And at night when I would feed him I would find myself at 4 am holding him AFTER , WAY AFTER he was done eating. Those moments are priseless

Lauren Simpson said...

Adorable baby!! Your coming out to Utah can't come fast enough!! If I had the money, I would have already been out in Virginia!!

Aubrey said...

I know exactly how you feel, I hated my new mommy muffin top, haha, but your body just needs time. Just take a deep breath and give yourself time. It took long to get the weight on and it will take a little bit, as much as we hate it, for it to come off!!! You can do it!!

Oh and DON"T go shopping 3 weeks after a baby, I made that same mistake.

JA and co. said...

Okay, so my favorite thing about your post is the fact that Erik is reading Lucy a book about going to the dentist. Classic :)