Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Lil Sis!

Isn't she adorable? I can't believe how fast little Gracie has grown. She recently turned 6 and is as cute and sweet as ever. I miss her so much! My mom just sent me this collage of a photo session, I hope I am not stealing her thunder by posting it real quick...but I couldn't resist. I want an ASIAN BABY! Goodness she is beautiful huh? I love you Bean!!!

On another note...I'm a 2, I have yet to feel any contractions, and my belly is itching like CRAZY!!!! Although I was warned, I thought I would slide by without stretch marks, well nope, they have reared there ugly head right in time and they itch like crazy! It really hurts. But I keep telling myself if this is all I have to complain about at 39 weeks I will take it.
My Doc. is going to strip my membranes next week to see if we can get this little girl out before Erik has to go back to school! Crazy!
People ask how I am sleeping, I haven't been sleeping as well the past few days but I think it's more from excitement and not being able to turn my brain off more than being uncomfortable. It's crazy though, I am literally all ready to go. It's kinda sad, my "to do" list has like 3 things on it, that are kinda just made up. Now I am just enjoying getting some crafting done before my baby girl gets here. :) Ekkk!!! (that's my girly squeal)

12 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

yay! That's so exciting!!! Can't wait to see pictures of Lil' Lucy soon!

Maria Hoeft said...

ouch! I cringed at the thought of stripping membranes! I've never had it done personally but I've heard mixed reviews from people about it. I have yet to see 39 weeks in either pregnancy. good luck! Stretch marks suck...I didnt get any on my belly but had some on my boobs..and its not pretty..lol. But they dull over time...I had constant cramping at 2. A few times I thought I was in labor...lol. You're lucky you not feeling it. Or maybe I just have a low pain tolerance.lol. Good luck! Its all worth it when you hold your baby for that first time ;)

Brett and Amanda said...

i had my membranes stripped twice and i'm glad i hadn't heard anything in advance about it because i would have been nervous and it was honestly NOT that bad. it really didn't feel much different from being checked. it wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't awful.

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

wahoo!!!! I can't believe she's almost here!!!!! Yeah...I did EVERYTHING to try to prevent stretch marks...not so lucky...

Way to go for already being at a 2! It took me about 24 hours of labor to get to that point, but I was having other issues...once they broke my water, that definitely sped things up!

Can't wait!!!! Good luck!! :) :)

Aly said...

It's coming so soon! Can't wait to meet her. And yes, your sister is ADORABLE!

Mindy and Larry said...

Gracie is beautiful! And in one of her poses and the way she is looking with her eyes and her mouth, kind of serious-like, she just maybe could pass as your little sis when you do your serious look and with shorter hair! I'm remembering your hair style back in 2003-2004! :)
And yikes, stretch marks!!!!! Itching has started for me & it's crazy uncomfortable, too! I so can't wait to see what Lucy looks like! Just as cute if not more cute than your little sis, I have not doubt!

Bekah said...

I was looking at your blog and Allison was here and she said "Kai-Lan, Kai-Lan!" Which is a Chinese TV character. Haha! Gracie is adorable!

I was so annoyed when I got stretch marks with my first pregnancy. It started at like 37 weeks and I got one-a-day until he was born! But thankfully, I only got one new one with Allison and none this time. Whew!

If you need someone to commiserate about going overdue with, give me a call. Seriously! I'll send you my phone number on Facebook. Sometimes it helps. And I am serious about it! You'll be nearly 40 weeks at the membrane stripping so it just might work! Most first babies, when left alone, do go a tiny bit past the due date, so hang in there! Evan was one day past and I felt like it was torture because I wanted to meet him so badly!

The Allred Family said...

I had my membranes stippred. I had knida heard horror stories about it. I decided long ago that women just have different pain thresholds. It was NOT a big deal. Slight pressure. The worst part for me was that my midwife was clawing me with one of her nails on my thigh. Serioulsy. that's it. No worries. Can't wait to meet her!

Heidi said...

Gracie is a doll isn't she!
I had my membranes stripped with 2 of my boys. It worked both times. Yes it does hurt - but I'll tell you my secret, afterwards you will feel very crampy - that's good, that is what is supposed to happen - don't sit down and rest, it will make the cramping stop. Go for walks, even if it is just in circles around your house. The longer you can keep the cramping going the more likely it will turn into real labor that you can start to time. But it does not always work with everyone - good luck. We can't wait to get the good news of Lucy's safe arrival and your easy as pie delivery!
Auntie Heidi

Furniss Family said...

Yah! Good luck! She is almost here. I got my membranes stripped and it didn't hurt at all. It's not as bad as it sounds. If you are dialted already, you will be fine. My membranes were stripped and at 5 am in morning started getting small contractions, got ready for the day and headed to hospital and Lincoln was born at 12pm. Be prepared to maybe go faster than you think :) Can't wait to see her. Take care and hang in there.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Hooray you're on the home stretch!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Gracie is beautiful! I want an asian baby too!! I am so excited for you and your girly! Yay!!