Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break 2010-Part 1

I love still being students! I don't know what we will do when we don't get a spring break! We were lucky enough to get to escape to palm coast Fordia and stay at a beautiful Condo at Cinnamon Beach for a whole week! We went with some great friends who are also here for Dental and Medical school. We couldn't have asked for a better time. It was so fun. Here is part 1 in pictures of our adventures. Fort Mantanzas-we took a beautiful ferry ride to this fort on a little island. We also took a little nature hike. We saw owls and pelicans. It was beautiful.
St. Augustine Lighthouse
Downtown St. Augustine. Oldest town in America-take that Jamestown! There were cute little shops all along St. George street. We stopped, walked around and even got a yummy homemade pretzel.
Fort Castillo in St. Augustine-the Guys-Erik, Brian, Beck, Dane, and Josh (little Will was somewhere)
The Chicas had a more creative pose. Adorable Lydia front and center rockin the glasses followed by Danielle, Jessica, me and Emily.
Before we left we did a day of service towards a free day at Disney. We figured we had to get a day of Disney in if we were coming all that way! No matter how old, or how pregnant you are, Disney is still magical!
The Buzz Lightyear ride- a Family Fav for sure!
Cinderella's Castle
Mainstreet USA
So I had this great idea "let's have Pluto kiss my belly!" I think he missed. It just kinda looks like he is doubling over in pain! haha.
This one's a little better! Pluto meet Lucy!!!
Peter Pan!
Splash mountain!
I wish I had gotten some pictures of the parade...that was my favorite part!
Thanks Dane for being our tour guide! (he is a Disney regular) We had a wonderful day!! It totally wore us out!

Danielle has tons more pictures of our trip. I got lazy and just started letting her take all our pictures. So once I get those from her I will post those as well. It wasn't super warm down there yet, but we did actually get 1 day at the pool and 1 day at the beach, and got pretty burnt!
I'm so glad we got to go with some pretty amazing families! There are not many people in the world you can spend a whole week in a condo with and come away loving more, but we definitely did! What a great break!

12 comments:

The Miles Family said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you guys had a magical time. I love all the pics. They make me want to take a trip tomorrow! And I love the name of cinnamon beach..makes me want to go. :)

Lisa Fox said...

what a fun trip and perfect timing before Lucy comes!! You look great by the way!!

Mindy and Larry said...

We love seeing you and Erik having fun and making such great memories! We can't wait to see you two in a few days!

Shannon said...

Hey Nik- Is that a CANNON you're sitting on?!? I didn't think you would EVER want to see another one of those after traveling through Virginia with your dad! lol!

She Loves To Make said...

What a fun trip! You look so cute! I wish we still had spring breaks...I'm still thinking Tony will have the summer off! Adults need summer vacation too!

Lyndsey said...

I am so jealous. Jealous. Jealous! I want to go to Florida!!! What a fun trip for you before the little one comes and you're tied up at home for a bit. Good for you!!

joshandemily said...

You are so cute in all those pictures! We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for heading the whole thing up. And thanks for taking such great care of our kids. We owe you BIG TIME! Can't wait to do it again!

Abby said...

Aww so fun! I love the pictures! I went to St. Augustine when I was in high school and LOVED it. I'm glad you guys had such a great time =) Logan and I would love to make it down to Florida this summer while we are in South Carolina for our internships, but we'll have to see what happens!

JA and co. said...

Fun! I second your thought on husbands in school and vacations...I'm secretly praying that Jason becomes a professor so we can have them forever...haha.

You look so cute! I can't wait to see little Lucy...

Danielle and Brian said...

oh I LOVE IT!!! Its so true I think I love everyone more after our vacation! So fun! You look awesome in all the photos, and I look like I gained 10 LBS in all the pics...What is going on!? YIKES! I promise I will get those pictures look at and on a CD for you!

Sara said...

Love the prego comment from the hubs! And yor trip looks like a blast- the pics are awesome too! I am curious what your decision on the stroller/carseat is- keep me posted!:)

Bodacious Brewers said...

I just have to ask... do you watch Ghost Hunters on the Syfy channel? I'm not going to lie, it's one of my guilty pleasures that keeps me up at night scared, but they did an episode on the St. Augustine Lighthouse and oh my gosh that episode was SOOO scary! One of the most haunted places in the U.S.!