Monday, March 29, 2010

What are we thinking today?

The other day I had gotten all ready for the day, we were on our way out somewhere, and I walked out and Erik looked at me and smiled. I watched as he looked me up and down and I could see in his face he was looking for the right words to say. He came out with something like this (very carefully and seriously) "so...are we thinking we are too fat and big today or are we liking our baby bump and want to look more pregnant?" hahah! I couldn't help but laugh. (much to Erik's relief)
He has a hard time knowing these days which way to compliment me because let's be honest I am a little shifty in my opinion of my size lately. I switch back and forth from thinking I am too little to too big. One day he will say "oh my gosh you are looking so big!" and i will love it, and the next time he says it I get mad at how insensitive he is being!
Around the holiday time Erik walked around singing "Lucy is coming the Nikki's getting Fat!" (sung to the tune of some Christmas song where the words are "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat") haha! I don't hear that song out of him much anymore, I think I scared it out of him. I kinda miss it! ;) Poor men...they sure put up with a lot. Especially from pregnant women!
As promised, here is my Belly at 34 weeks!

oh...and Braxton hicks have arrived and in full form! mmmeeh! My tummy is like constantly tight and feels sore, like it's bruised. But practically no heartburn, no swollen feet yet, and I still sleep great at night thanks to my body pillow! I just have to slow down a lot during the day and take a lot of breaks. It also gets hard to find a comfortable position when sitting. But overall I don't have much to complain about! I can't believe tomorrow is April..and after April is MAY!! My sweet little baby's big debut month! :)

9 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

Oh I love it!!! Can't wait to meet lil miss Lucy!

Maria Hoeft said...

awww...you look a lot like your baby ticker now! not much more time left to go!

Heidi said...

You've never looked more beautiful - can't wait to see you guys this summer. (All 3 of you!)

Annica said...

You look great!!

Katie said...

That is funny! I totally understand. I even made Andrew read it. I think it made him feel a little better! PS. You look adorable. Nichole and pregnancy go well together :)

Adam and Rachel said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! Love it!

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

YEAH BABY!!!!! I love it! You look amazing by the way-absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see her!!!!!! and Erik's comments made me die laughing LOL Yall are so cute :)

She Loves To Make said...

You are getting so close to the end! And you look great!

Jenn said...

Wow, time has gone fast! Pretty soon you'll have that baby out in the open to love!!! Yay for you guys!!