Thursday, February 18, 2010

Watch me Grow!

Who is this girl? That hot bod belongs to yours truly at 26 weeks (2 weeks ago). It was not a good day for me, so you don't get to see my face. And actually this picture I didn't even edit, Erik took it without my head. haha. But look at that butt and those thighs! Holy cow! And just 2 weeks later here I am at 28 weeks. Look how much I have grown! It's crazy. I think I really sprouted these past few weeks. Like people actually believe me now that I am indeed Pregnant. It's nice to now have strangers look at me like, she is pregnant and not just fat.


It's crazy to think I am in the 3rd Trimester. Wow, time flies! I really enjoyed the 2nd trimester so I am hoping that it's goodness can last just a little bit longer. Im sportin my first pair of maternity jeans purchased on tuesday. (finally) It feels good to not have my pants falling down all the time and wide open at the button!

I just got back from my Dr.'s appointment and found out that since my last appointment which was 2 weeks ago I have gained 5 pounds!!!!! Woah! I know this is a lot in a short time, but considering my slow growth in the beginning I didn't think this would be a big deal. The dr. seemed a little concerned with it though and told me that I shouldn't be eating as much. WHAT? I have NEVER been told that in my whole life. I was kinda proud...and then kind of offended. lol. I don't know what to think. Because I only eat when I am hungry, but that is a lot more frequent these days. I know what I eat is important, and could use an adjustment. But, I dunno I think her advice may have come a little pre maturely and who knows maybe I just had a growth spurt and in a few weeks I will level out again. You know? I am not sure how serious I am going to take this advice. Because I feel like I don't eat enough food, at least good food. So I guess I just have to find a balance. I might not change a whole lot until I see how things go next appt. Eating is such a challenge for me, i really don't enjoy it and I have to make a huge effort to eat enough, which I feel like I have been doing. (protein shakes help) So i feel like if I stop, it might get bad. Just thoughts, I dunno.
Other prego symptoms of late:
-feet hurt after standing a lot
-a lot of bloody noses. (gross i know, and annoying)
-some back pain, not as bad as I thought it would be at this point.
-some sharp upper rib/side muscle pain. (feels like the cramps you get when you are running) But thank goodness just taking Tylenol and applying a little heat helps those a TON! And they are not very frequent. They scared me the first time though, but I knew it wasn't like contractions or anything, it was way too high. Now i know that it was just everything in me expanding getting ready for this big girl to grow. (hence the growth spurt)
-Im surprised how less emotional I am, like i don't cry or have as many meltdowns as I did in the 1st trimester. (knock on wood) those will probably come back.
-I cant' really sit on the floor for very long anymore, which is such ashame because I am totally a floor person. But it hurts my back, I have to sit with something to support me.
-Bending over is starting to get painful each time I do it, I need to remember to not just fold my body, but to bend my knees. Leaning over, all that stuff is quite uncomfortable. (and i know this is JUST the beginning of this!)
-I get itchy
-I can't really see my stomach bellow my belly button very well anymore.
-I am very clumsy, it scares me actually. There have been several times that I have almost fallen down the stairs. It's amazing how off your balance becomes.
-Along with that, i am so absent minded. Which is something I pride myself it not being. I think of myself as a very observant person, and someone who remembers everything. Woosh that's going and it's going fast! Erik laughs at me, i wont remember things he swears he told me, i leave the grocery store without my paid for groceries, i tell a cashier (different day) as she is ringing my items up that i left my wallet in the car (cuz i couldn't find it in my purse) so she should put my transaction on hold, she then informs me that my wallet is in my hand. Wow, it's scary! I am becoming my mother...and now I know that this is probably not how my mother always was, that she did have a brain like i did, I can't imagine what will be left of it once I have 6 kids!

Well that's it for now! And I am really sorry, I always tell myself I am going to do a short post with pics and that's it...never happens. Sorry! I wish I had a cute blog that just has 2 pics and 3 witty lines and that was it. But for now you get to skim my never ending posts, and at least I can use the excuse that it is my journal and now i have all the details recorded of my pregnancy. :)

16 comments:

Annica said...

You look adorable!! Cute little prego belly!!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Love the belly pictures! Hopefully you won't forget anything too important! ;) I hope all is well!

She Loves To Make said...

Pregnancy really looks great on you! Which means you should have LOTS of kids :) Your little girl is going to be here before you know it!!!

J said...

I wouldn't listen to the doctor on the not eating as much thing. 5 lbs in 2 weeks is no big deal for a pregnant woman, I know you're supoosed to be gaining a pound a week, but that's an average, you don't have to fit it perfectly. If you don't gain much for a while, and then gain more than average, it's just balancing out. And espesially if you didn't gain much for the first few months. I've been all over the place with weight gain but the doctor isn't concerned as long as my blood pressure is alright and the baby's heartbeat is strong. If you cut back on food you could be cutting back on important nutrients your baby needs, and it could be much more harmful than eating too much. Sorry if I seem extra passionate about this, I just think some doctors miss the point when it comes to weight gain durring pregnancy. Maybe I've just been reading too much, haha.

Jenn said...

I say don't listen to the doctor. I've been told all sorts of things as well, and even different things from the same doctor a few weeks apart. With both kids I had a few weeks where it seemed I really gained a lot, then it leveled off again. Don't worry.

Unknown said...

I'm completely jealous of how tiny and cute you are! I would completely ignore what the doctor said.

Lisa Fox said...

I'm with everyone else. IGNORE the doctor. 5lbs in 2 weeks is nothing. now 5lbs in one day..that's something. BUT, I have had appt's where i'm like what are you talking about!!! It's all part of the growing a baby and your body turns into a whole different body. By the way you look so good! I'm so glad you posted new pictures, the girls loved seeing them. I also have a ton of clothes for you. Hopefully I can get them to you soon!!

Joel & Megan said...

I love your prego picture!!! You are a beautiful expectant mommy!!!
That's really interesting about your doctor talking about the weight gain. My first trimester I gained 9 pounds...which is a little much, but they didn't say anything and Alice turned out just fine and dandy. :) I tried to stay on the low end and only gaining 25 lbs. but I gained 35. Luckily about 5 months after Alice was born, I was down to below my pre-pregnancy weight, and most of that was just from breastfeeding ;). You hang in their sport! We can't wait to see pictures of Little Lucy when she gets here.

Jenn said...

Cute! I wouldn't worry about that eating too much nonsense. Follow what your body tells you (as long as it's good) Like eating sweets can be addicting during pregnancy, try and resist the urge, and just eat healthy *Lots of veggies! =) And you'll be just fine. Just wait, now the fun begins, you'll get bigger by the hour now! lol Oh those fun pregnant times!

JA and co. said...

Aww, you look so cute! I wouldn't worry about what the doctor said...especially after just one week. I can't believe you're already in your 3rd trimester...I'm so excited for you!

Furniss Family said...

So cute that you are finally getting a baby belly. That's all it is though. That's wierd Dr. Mahoney would say that b/c there was 1 week I gained 3 lbs and she didn't say anything to me, I even gained a whopping 42 lbs during both my pregnancies. No worries you will shrink again, I promise :) Everyone is so different. Pregnancy does a whole lot of things to your body and it's sometimes frustrating, but hang in there you are almost done. 3rd Trimster your back will hurt a ton, try to get lot's of backrubs from the hubby :)

Mindy and Larry said...

You look great, Nichole!!! Nice figure! And I understand the dilemma of eating too much v. not. How does one accomplish that? I've noticed a difference this time around... now that I'm at home during this pregnancy, I have access to food whenever I want! It's actually great, but also very scary...I'm 10 lbs heavier now than I was at the same point in my pregnancy w/ James! But, this baby is always moving and acting "hungry" along with my tummy's fierce hunger pains...I can't ignore them!!!! And he already weighs about 2 lbs. at only 25 1/2 weeks. How big can this baby get???!!! I already feel HUGE even though I don't look much bigger than you! I've made a resolution to myself recently: I don't want to be overweight for the rest of my life!!!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Great to see some 3rd tri pics. Eating is such a tricky thing with pregnncy and nursing. Don't stress.

Bekah said...

Um, yeah, eat. Ignore that doc, sorry. That is ridiculous. You always have a growth spurt somewhere around this point and somwhere around the mid 30's (weeks). Also, my kids were all normal sized, not huge. I once gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks as well as gaining 7 in 4 weeks time. It just happens. I'm hoping to avoid it (and have thus far) but as long as you eat reasonably and don't eat more "just because I'm pregnant" you will be fine.

And you are adorable!

Dane and Jessica said...

hahaha I am laughing out loud about your grociery shopping experiences!! ...still laughing.

Dallings said...

Wow I just learned a lot about you, a floor person huh. I love you!