Thursday, January 7, 2010
Uhh that was soooo last year!
Be Prepared for a lot of pictures, in random order of our wonderful Christmas Break. I don't know what we will do once Erik is not a student anymore and we don't get 3 weeks off from School. It is fabulous! We were so grateful that my parents were able to fly us out to spend 2 1/2 weeks with them. We loved every min. of it! So let's re-cap.
There is a really great outdoor rink near my parents house that we have gone to for the past few years. It is really fun. The best part is that it only costs $1 so you don't feel like you are wasting money when all you do is go around the rink a few times then take those horribly painful skates right off!! And momma always supplies yummy hot coco. (don't mind how chubby I look-i really hate being cold and probably have on about 6 layers of clothing!)

I got this cute headband thing with some christmas money I got. I LOVE it! But I am grateful to get to wear it here in VA. now and not in Utah...everywhere I went I ran into at least 4 other girls wearing it. (I'm not kidding)
Aren't these kids the cutest? I love them. Oh and I swear I do have 2 other brothers around...I should remember to take more pictures of them. (they are just not quite as cute as these 2!)
My grandma made this Quilt for Lucile. It has really soft fabrics. I love it! Thanks Grandma K!
Ahh! There those other 2 boys are...I guess they are pretty cute too. Christmas morning at the Jewkes house. It's so fun to still have little kids at home to watch open there gifts.
The sibling exchange-Yay! Just what I wanted the Taylor Swift C-D. (love it!) And, Erik got a guitar book and the under armor he is sportin. Thanks Noah and Gracie! We also got some money from Mom and Dad! Thank you!!! :)

Gracie checking out her stocking.

What a cheese!
Stockings! Remove that piece of paper labeled Erik and underneath you will find the name "Nathan." haha. Thanks Nate for letting Erik borrow your stocking while your gone...Santa's very creative. (and cheap!) lol.
Christmas eve-acting out the Nativity. Isaac was Joseph and this was the Angel (Gracie) appearing to him...they couldn't stop laughing at each other during the narration. It was so cute.
Christmas Eve at Aunt Heidi's and Uncle Marks-always the best! :)
While we were there my Best friend from High School got married!! It was so so great to be there for her on her perfect day. She looked gorgeous and it was just a happy day!
I got special access to the bridal suite! yes! BFF's only!
I love this temple, so breathtaking!
Before we left for Utah we had our own little Christmas at home. The best present that day was finding out we are having a little girl. But here we are on our "Christmas" morning exchanging a few gifts. Erik gave me this Beautiful necklace. He picked it out all on his own. I LOVE it! He also wrote me a poem about the necklace and how it represents motherhood and love and all that. He is actually really really good at poetry. It was a great gift!
Up close.

He tricked me and put it in a big box!
So out of order-but here is Erik with all his little gifts.
Look at these expressions! Priceless. Erik is the best person to give a gift too because he always acts SO excited and makes you feel like you just gave him the best present in the world. He loves everything and anything! He like drools over the littlest things! I love it!
Our New Years Eve was uneventful just a lot of game playing (which is heaven for me) and of course watching the ball drop. We also went sledding/4 wheeling a few times with my family, saw the forgotten carols, watched a lot of Jazz games, shopped, ate out, watched movies and just enjoyed being together. It was a great trip. I wish I had taken a picture with my mom because I just love her, I could spend all day every day with her and my husband...which I did a lot out there while the kids still had school and my Dad had work. I sure married my momma! It was good to see my older brothers too, they are really fun and great to play Wii and other games with. It was just a good relaxing vacation. I thought after 2 1/2 weeks I would be sooo ready to come home and be soooo sick of my family, but not at all I cried for days after we left. Things are back to normal and it is good to be home but, I can't wait for our next trip out there which will be with little Lucy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
ew! that second picture of me is terrible. i am going to text you about it right now!
I love ALL of these. Thanks for taking all the time for so many!
Fun post! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun:) Oh and I ahte to bust your bubble... but I have that exact same flower headband!!! Even in that very same color! My sis gave it to me for Christmas- we will have to warn each other when we wear it:) Funny!
First of all, I cant believe you went ice skating pregnant! I would have been so scared to fall! lol. Then again, I've never been ice skating before...so I probably would have fallen ;) (I'm really not a winter person)
Second, what cute necklace! Bry got me a necklace with 3 butterflies on it with diamond wings while I was pregnant with Noah. One big one, a medium one and a small one to represent all the men I have in my life ;) It was so cute! Anyway, looks like you had fun! I loved being spoiled by my parents with both pregnancies too! There really is just no other way to do it ;) Especially with Bryan being in and out all the time.
What about those belly pics missy?!
Oh...and Lauren looks gorgeous in both pics. I think she had the most perfect dress for a winter wedding...very classy!
Glad you had such a great trip. I know coming home is the worst, always homesick for a few days. You have such cute a cute sister and brothers. They will love your baby and she will love having such fun aunts and uncles.
So sweet that he wrote you a poem. :)
Wow that post had so much in it! It all looked so fun! Great to see the two of you over the break. I'm thrilled to meet Lucy this next summer!
Ok that last picture is by far the BEST facial EVER!!! Oh man I died laughing!!! Ok so for the quiet book, go to etsy.com and search for "copycat crafts". They have a few different books with patters, the supplies you need, how much time it will take and how much everything will cost. It was perfect for me because the directions were great...and I didn't know how to sew :)
lauren gave me one of those headbands last night for my birthday and i wore it to the movie theater at 10 PM on a thursday night....3 other girls wearing one. FAIL. so glad we will be out of utah next winter!
Post a Comment