Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lil Lucy.

Is it just me or does it look like i have a baby monkey or some sort of ram/sheep in there? She has got like a huge mouth/nose snout. And see that curly ear? Hopefully all that will evolve before she is born. haha. I still think she is cute!
Not the greatest pictures I have seen, but I will take em. It was soo much cooler being there live watching the screen as the Ultrasound lady looked at everything. I swear I could have laid there all day! I loved it! So the good news is that everything looks normal and great and she is still a she! Yay! The bad news is that she is crazy! haha. The lady kept saying that she was one of the most wiggly babies she has ever seen. She was like "She is making my job difficult!" haha. The lady said that it was good because that meant she was using her muscles a lot and would be strong. I am kinda worried though, not really, but I am just wondering does anyone know if like being too active is a bad thing? I mean anytime I hold still long enough I can feel her moving around in me, a lot. Erik can even feel her kick already (that started at like 19 weeks.) Like what if she doesn't sleep? Could I be feeding her to much sugar? Or is this all just normal and I shouldn't worry about it. (and no comments (Mom) about how she is just MY child) haha. But can it just be that, personality already? I dunno, any thoughts are welcomed.
These are her adorable little chicken legs crossed and her tinsy little feet. See it? Ahhh so cute!
So here are some facts:
Girl-confirmed (i was worried)
15 ounces
She will be 22 weeks tommorow
140 heart beat/rate
Measuring for May 15th
She is Breach right now (which they tell me is no big deal)

Just grateful and thrilled to have a healthy, all functioning, wiggly little baby!!!

Also- ignore my post 2 below this. I am feeling fat now! I am in an awkward stage where my jeans don't fit but maternity pants fall off me. So I will be living in sweat pants for a little while. I really need to go maternity clothes shopping. I am putting it off though, i am worried about the cost and I guess I feel like I should wait until I am bigger. SO don't mind my sweat pants and too tight of shirts.

We have arrived.......to this lovely stage. yuck. (AND NO THIS IS NOT ME!!!!!) Oh let the fun begin! I think I keep waiting for that "cute" belly stage to come, and I am started to feel like I should just enjoy the now and stop complaining because it's just never going to be cute. Right? Uggh..belly pics to come. warning, it's pointy and ugly and my whole butt and hips are just huge, and I know no one can tell but me, but I am def. not going to be one of those "it's all just in the belly" cute prego ladies. Hate to disappoint but, Alas.

13 comments:

Adam and Rachel said...

Yay, so cute! My guess it it's personality-she's going to have a lot of spunk like her mommy! :)

Darlene said...

Brooklynn was a major squirmer and hard kicker inside - and it is way evident in her personality now. It was TORTURE by month 7, but it's not a bad thing now, haha. In fact, at this stage, I'm really happy to have a kid with so much relative energy and personality (while some of her her peers sit there like bumps on a log). I think you'll appreciate it down the line.

The Allred Family said...

you are sooo funny. its' totally normal. They said the same thing about Quincy and he's an angel.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Oh Nikki! You are so cute! I know you are going to be so cute with your big pregnant belly! You are never going to have a big butt, it may be bigger than your used to, but big... No way!

Sounds like your little Lucy is going to keep you on your toes!

Sara Lee said...

It doesn't really mean she is going to be an active baby. I have known some who say that the active ones are always the calmest after they are born and some say the opposite. I don't think you can tell. She is pretty much going to take after what ever you and your husbands personalities are. Sorry it's genetics;)

rach said...

speaking from experience...get ready to have your hands full. :)

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

hahahahah i laughed the whole time i read your blog. i saw you like a week ago.....and your belly IS cute....and guess what? i can assure you that you ll be one of those - very - cute prego ladies. Also, it is suuuuuuper normal to think your not good looking anymore....i thought i was disgusting....no worry...And just remember it s not that much about you but about the most precious little Lucy ever;)

Abby said...

You and Erik are going to have the cutest baby girl =) It's so fun reading your posts; you are a great person Nikki and you will make a terrific mother!

Alisha said...

Nichole - just found your blog from the Sherman's. I wondered if you've heard of the belly band? You can buy them at Motherhood Maternity and Target (and I'm sure other places too) -- anyway it's a tube of fabric you put over your normal jeans so that you can wear them unzipped but it just gives a cute layered look -- like you're wearing a long tank. Holds up the pants well. My SIL wore them her whole pregnancy and never even bought maternity pants.

JA and co. said...

Addie didn't kick much at all inside me and she's a really calm baby, but every baby is different, so I doubt that really means anything. She did kick a lot more anytime I drank sugery juice, though...that was kind of funny.

You're so cute! I love the name Lucy, too, that's adorable.

Mindy and Larry said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of Lucy! She looks like a baby, now! and don't worry about her features because the US always kind of distorts them. Larry said that James looked like an alien!
How exciting that she's healthy and active. James was also very active, so much more than this baby, but maybe this baby will be more active and I'll be able to tell more and more as it gets bigger!
Congrats!!!!

Freddie said...

Nichole.. you are darling prego and your a worry wort for sure! The baby is great.. and wiggly is good. Your mom is right stop worrying and enjoy ever minute,, as i say in my blog today,, time goes way too fast. i wish that pic of the elastic band on the pants was you . I was thinking wow how clever is Nicole..ha ha love ya

Alex said...

Coming from someone with no butt, let me tell you I know how you feel b/c with my first pregnancy I felt like my backside was HUGE! Trust me, others don't notice, except maybe your hubby.;)