Belly Bump-22 1/2 weeks
Here are a few (not very good) shots of the quilt I am making for Lucy. The lighting is hard to really see it but you can get the idea. It is really simple I might add some appliqué flowers or something over top once it is finished but first I need to start assembling it! But here is the basic idea of the colors (mainly pinks and creams with a little purple and a green border). I want to base her room colors around this. That's another question I have, any one know some great blogs or websites with good ideas for decorating a nursery? Googling it is not going to well, and I am sick of pottery barn. I am starting to clear out our extra room, I want to get working on all this "nesting" stuff before I am too big and lazy. I don't think I will feel any better than I do right now!
25 comments:
cute bump! you've stayed so thin everywhere else--count your blessings! you will be so happy to quickly get back to your pre-prego body after the delivery...the mushy belly won't last long on you!
cute quilt. By the way, the old navy sale should start soon (like in a week). The one where you go back and price adjust. Maybe it's time to start buying Lucy some clothes. Email me if you have questions about it.
You look so darling! For darling baby ideas look here:
Serena & Lilly (expensive but we're talking about inspiration right haha.)They have a "lucy collection" too :)
The Land of Nod has some cute stuff as well.
I recently just found this blog and love browsing for decorating and storage ideas...simplifiedbee.blogspot.com
you look really cute and I don't think there would be anything wrong with wearing just that shirt. I think tight shirts are cute on pregnant chics.
Oh and try this blog:
littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com
She has a recent post called "Looking Back Through the Little Green Notebook" with a link to a bunch of different kid & nursery rooms. Check it out!
awwww...you are def showing..no mistaking that! lol. More fitted shirts are very cute and can be tasteful when paired with the right clothing. Lucky for you, you wont have to battle the summer heat wave with the baby...so you will be able to keep comfy in spring clothes till May.
I wore a combination of both fitted and empire cut shirts for both pregnancies. I never bought maternity clothes...I took advantage of todays fashion and bought a few tunics from Forever 21! just buy a size larger than normal for the extra growth in belly and bra area ;)
i spent a pretty penny on designer maternity jeans-- the only maternity pants i bought having a late summer baby-- they were worth every cent! they will last me at least another baby or two and i could wear them for a bit postpartum and they didn't look like maternity pants. if that is something you're considering i highly recommend it!
I just cannot believe how tiny you are everywhere! It's just not fair! You are too cute.
Aww! Thanks for sharing. I love your pictures, such a happy mommy. Lucky you, looks like you'll be one of those mommies that expands on the front, rather than the sides like me :-).
i had the hardest time finding maternity jeans that weren't frumpy... i finally got some at forever 21 (i know, random). I'm not even sure they were meant to be maternity... probably not, now that I think about it. BUT they did have an elastic top and I wore them once my normal jeans got too uncomfortable.
oops, i sent that before i was ready... anyway, you look great! good luck with the clothes!!
you look adorable! i know you asked me about my "methods". they are sanity for a mom. buy/check out/read "babywise". please, please do it. then i can clarify anything you want. it's amazing!
"Living on a Prayer", gotta' love Bon Jovi! (You look great, by the way...very cute pregnant lady!) I have to second Jenn's comment on buying baby clothes at Old Navy. We HATE spending money on clothes, but thanks to Old Navy I've gotten more free/incredibly reduced baby stuff there than I can remember.
Oh, and I think I remember reading somewhere that pregnant ladies tend to lean backwards more, thus, the arch (you have to do SOMETHING to compensate for that bump).
I can't believe how many people post on your blog in such a short amount of time! haha! well, for jeans you have to get them at Motherhood. They have the best maternity jeans ever, I got a pair there, the kind with stretch in them, and I love them!!! I wear them every day and they are super comfy. They even fit when I didn't have a big bump yet, so I might even keep wearing them after I have the baby. I don't like the pants they have at old navy or gap, the belly band part fits kind of funny, but Motherhood rocks!
And I like your baby bump pictures, you're so cute! The curve in your back is normal, but you should still try your best to stand up straight or your back might start hurting. When your baby gets bigger and heavier I recommend getting a maternity brace if your back starts to hurt, look at my blog for a picture of an example :) (down a few posts)
I don't know if you get responses to my blog post, so I'll just post again here... I got the brace at Motherhood, same place as the jeans.
Definitely Motherhood for maternity pants, though most of my favorite maternity tops were Gap. You look great!
You look great, Nichole! You look so happy, too! This is "prime time" fun being pregnant, right now! Enjoy it for all it's worth!!! As for your back, I don't think it's a bad thing, but you might want to ask your OB when you go in for your next appt. It may become more of an issue as your belly gets alot bigger towards the end. Sure can't wait to see you guys sometime!! BTW- your quilt looks so awesome!! I'm proud of you!
Holy comments! Uh, I was going to say bon jovi and I liked getting shirts from shade clothing (they are online) but tight, soooo . . . jeans I got from Old Navy I think.
I think I know how to get more comments on my blog. Ask for pregnancy advice...I wonder if it is okay to ask when you aren't pregnant...!:)
haha Seriously Sara! It's crazy put a picture of your belly on your blog, ask questions about pregnancy and you will have the coolest blog around!!! I cant believe how many comments these posts get!
Your baby bump sure is coming along! So cute!
You look so cute and tiny. I didn't even notice the curve on your back until you mentioned it but if you look at the cartoon preggo lady on you blog on the left her back looks like that so it must be normal. :) Maternity clothes tip: only buy basics that you can accessorize with and shop at ROSS. It's the BEST and cheapest.
Quilt looks great! Keep at it!
you look SOO GOOD my dear!! Hope you are feeling better as well!!
Livin' on a prayer...that's the song right. Only 20 more weeks to go...give or take! YAY!
Post a Comment