But really, I have gotten so excited for Lucy to come lately. I feel like I have already developed a relationship with her. Even though her kicking and 24-7 moving can get a little bothersome at times, most the time I love that reminder that my little baby girl is right inside me. I even find myself talking to her sometimes. I already feel like she is my little girlfriend that I can joke with and love and just play with. Ahhh! I can't wait for her to get out here! Anyway, I am so grateful for all the little things in my life that are bringing me such great joy!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Little Things
Here are a few little things that have made me smile this week.
Making some Valentines Day decorations with friends. Isn't this wreath to DIE for? My favorite word to describe it is simply luscious! I LOVE IT! See how to make it at theidearoom.blogspot.com
I can't rotate this picture for the life of me. But i made this cute little board in like 30 min. yesterday, isn't it cute? I love my Silhouette!
Okay, so i know what you are thinking, "wow a lot of work for a little "to do" notebook that would function just fine without all the frills." I know, I know, I used to think that to, why waste time on making everything cute, but I think I'm converted. I LOVE this notebook, i carry it with me everywhere I go and it's so handy to write absolutely everything I need, think, want, in one place instead of scattered sticky notes everywhere. It's really helped me stay organized and I smile everytime I look at it. There is something about making everything in your life beautiful and your own. Cheesy I know, but I think I am going to start doing this to more of my everyday stuff. It makes me want to use it more! I have felt so good lately, I have really started this year off right becoming more dedicated and sticking to a schedule and getting SO MUCH done! It feels so great! I know I will be glad I worked so hard now to get things done and change my lazy habits before Lucy comes.
I have had the same makeup bag since I was 13, no lie and I swear it was growing things inside of it. So i finally bought this adorable new bag at Old Navy last week for 44 cents. (yep that's right, I scored at Old Navy last week-see below) It feels good to have a new, clean bag. Just another little thing that makes me happy!
It's been my goal lately to try a few new recipes a week. Here was one of our favorites! We used to have these with friends (they would make them) In Utah and they were always So good. So we gave it a try. They were super easy and fun to make and were sooo soo delicious. Probably my favorite food ever! It was perfect because it had been in the 60's that day that we decided to make them so Erik went out and barbecued them and he did it perfectly! OH i am still dreaming about them! And aren't they so pretty? (You can tell which ones are mine can't you! lol)
And last but not least...this picture represents my favorite little thing of all....the little thing in my tummy that wont stop talking (aka kicking) to her Mommy! Well first of all I went a little crazy last week and shopped the Old Navy sales until I dropped. I think last week I was in 2 diffrent old Navy's, 3 different days, for a total of about 7 hours. ( I am not exaggerating) I ended up with way too many clothes and kept sorting through it all and cutting stuff out and returning etc. It basically consumed my week and even resulted in a melt down where Erik intervened. But...after alll that I am happy with the handful of outfits I kept and the price I paid. I mean literally every little thing I got was under $4 dollars! How can you beat that? This outfit is one of my favorites! I can't wait to see her in in! ahhh! I can't fathom how tiny she will be! So i was going to post a picture of my receipt from Old Navy but this post is reserved for only little things and that receipt is twice the length of me (again not an exaggeration.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
oh my goodness! Look at you! You are crafting up a storm--love it! Seriously, Nikki, I am amazed at how well you do things. You are so awesome! I love the Valentine's Day wreath; I might have to copy the idea! And, the baby's outfit is so cute!! So excited for you guys!
I love that wreath. I saw it at the ideadoor and I wanted to make one, too. Love how it turned out! And the clothes are adorable! I wish I would have known before the last day of the sale. But maybe it is a good thing I didn't! She is going to be one well-dressed baby girl!
You make the cutest decorations!!!
Darling..darling!! I love it all. :)
Thanks for the website-I think I'm totally going to try it. I love crafts! P.s. how did you make your cute sign? I have really been wanting to make those...
As for the whole epidural thing...even when I was in a lot of discomfort with Addi..and it went on FOREVER!! (33 hours), I still didn't want one..crazy, I know! I remember saying "I don't know how much longer I can do this, but I DONT want an epidural!" LOL I'm glad I did it that way, but now that I have, I wonder what it's like TO have the epidural..hmm if you get one, you'll have to let me know :)
I LOVE that little outfit and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old Navy clearances! YEAH BABY!
p.s. Thanks for voting for Addi :) We entered her into another one too..we'll see if she makes the finals! The prizes for the other one are SSWWEETT ($125,000.00 for college tuition, etc!). This one's not quite as cool-she wins a 22x22 4 pop print of her pic on canvas. Still fun tho!!! :)
yeah, i hit that sale at old navy--twice! didn't spend over $3 though! beat ya!:)
Ok that heart wreath is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I want one!!! I love the notebook too. It's so much more fun to use pretty things! Can't wait to see your little girl in all of her cute clothes!
YOU ARE SO READY TO BE A MOMMY. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT. IT IS SO MAGICAL AND I WAS REMINDED OF THAT WHEN I HAD QUINCY. THERE IS NO LOVE LIKE THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR NEWBORN. PRECIOUS OUTFIT....I DID TH OLD NAVY SALES TOO. LOVED IT!
ok, your wreath inspired me I already got a bunch of ladies from my ward to make it with me. We are all super excited. Thank you for inspiring me. I so love a good sale, Target can have some great ones too...I am so bummed I missed the great target toy sale...I never even knew about it until this year, so next year I will know now. And ummmm, I haven't seen you in forever. Giselle just started smiling you guys need to come see her :)
I loved your post! The wreath is darling and the little board looks great! 30 min. WoW! We had a similar Old NAvy experience but ours was under 2 hrs and 2 stores. :) You're great!
Adorable!! I can't wait to see little Lucy!! She'll be adorable I'm positive! How exactly have you organized and how to you use your "to do" book? I know that that probably sounds like a stupid question, but you know how I am with journaling, etc. Love ya!
By the way, you'll have to tell me how you can change up your blog. I haven't figured that out yet!
lets have a craft day this summer where you can make lots of crafts for my house!
Post a Comment