Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh Yeah!

So I have to write a quick post...I am so proud of myself. (drum roll please)

Today was the first time in 10 weeks that I went to the GYM!!!! (finally!)

Yay! Thanks to tons of encouragement from Erik and my mother I finally got off my lazy bum and have actually done things today. I have lived on the couch for the past 2 months and I can't take it anymore. My mom told me my great grandma always used to say: "You feel lousy if you lay around and you feel lousy if you are moving around, so might as well get something done while your feeling lousy."

This is soo true and is going to be my new mantra. I feel even worse after lying around because then I feel guilty for not cleaning my house or making dinner and being a terrible wife. So at the very least this eliminates the guilt. I am also learning that it doesn't matter If I don't get to the gym until noon...as long as I go.

I am so grateful today for the following:

-good friends who invite me to the park
- great weather!
-Steve Miller band-such good crusin with the windows down music
- Einstein Bagels
- Golden Delicious Apples
- my confidence to get over not feeling stupid just walking on a treadmill!
(click above) It helps that I LOVE this country song..and this little boy is ADORABLE! :) Enjoy!

So I hope I can keep this up this week and keep busy doing things and working out and just being happy! Wish me LUCK!

great this post is getting long and now no one is going to read it. But I have to share one more thing that made me laugh. Yesterday we web-cam'd with my family (which can get a little loud and crazy.) But during it Noah(14) went downstairs to change the battery in his fire alarm and it made it go off, as well as the others in the basement. So my mom goes to help him and Isaac (6) comes out of his room screaming "FIRE! FIRE!" My mom tries to explain and he doesn't believe her he says: "No I feel hot!!" He starts Bawling! Screaming: "I want to go outside, let me out!" and my mom is trying not to laugh and trying to calm him down while also trying to get the alarms to stop! hahaahah! It was HILARIOUS! Quite the circus. At least we know he is very concerned about fire safety.

I need to do a "real" post soon...I think I have a little tummy now! ;)

8 comments:

Aly said...

That is a good mantra. One I am not so good about! Good for you for going to the gym. I have only been about three times the whole pregnancy and I used to go regularly. Its going to be so hard to get going after again, so keep it up!

Lisa Fox said...

I agree with Alyson, keep going. It's well worth it. I have such a hard time losing the weight and going to the gym during pregnancy makes it a little bit easier...not to mention it makes labor easier! oh and we want pictures of this so called "tummy"!

Abby said...

haha I loved the story about Issac...that seriously made me laugh out loud! I love reading your blog, so keep updating and I want to see pictures of the baby bump!! Do you have any ideas...boy/girl? Names?

YEAH!! I am just so excited for you and Erik!!!

Mindy and Larry said...

congratulations on trying to get back to normal while going through the most "unnormal" but best part of womanhood! We're cheering for you all the way!

Dallings said...

Oh Nickle we loved having you around today! Way to go on the treadmill!

She Loves To Make said...

You should feel great about going to the gym! I didn't exercise at all during my first trimester--I was too sick--just like you. But the second and third trimester I felt great and exercised 3-5 a week. It was the best thing I did. I felt so much better about myself and now that Charlie is 3 weeks old I am so glad I did--I can really tell the benefits.
I want to see pictures of your growing tummy! I'm just so happy for you guys.

Bekah said...

I could have written this same post last week. Though I have been playing volleyball once a week, that's it! I went to the gym last Thursday and it was good (but I got sore) and I thought, well, that wasn't so bad, I'll play basketball at church on Saturday and....I puked. Nice! I guess that was too much.

I can imagine all the hubub in your family. So funny! How great that you get to have the first grandchild in your family though, this baby will be so spoiled!

I WAS very happy for you. I nearly jumped up and down! It's funny because your ward (in Centreville) is the only ward in which I didn't have a YW's calling so you and Nate were the only "youth" I ever got to know. And when you started going through all of this I really saw a lot of ME in you and I was so heartbroken for you, and equally as happy for you now.

If you have any questions, ask away! I teach childbirth education classes at my hospital so I know quite a bit about it plus I've had two children and both an induction and natural labor so I have a lot of different experiences. Hoping it's not an accidental "homebirth" this time LOL! If you ever have a lot of questions and just want to email me, let me know and I'll give you my email address!

Do you know yet when/if you'll be finding out the gender? We do on December 18th!

Shannon said...

Your mom never tells me the good Isaac stories!! I'm so glad you post them on your blog! This one had be cracking up! (BTW, I FINALLY updated mine too!)