Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feeling Crafty

I feel like I have done a lot of crafts lately. But they have all been done at classes or something because I have no motivation right now to do any on my own. lol. So these first 2 were done at my mother in law's ward (which is my old home ward) in Northern Va. It was an enrichment activity and I think they both turned out darling.

I have signed up for a few classes with some girls in my ward through the county's recreation center. First was wreath making. Which let's just say was interesting. It was not very well guided it was kind of a free for all and the selection was a little below par. My wreath looked like a grandma wreath when it was done but Erik really liked it for some reason and was "so proud of me" so he hung it on our door. haha. It was really fun to go with all these girls and just look at each other during it silently saying "what the heck am I supposed to come up with?" Some turned out really cute though-we got creative!


Haha I hope Sara doesn't mind this one- I just love this picture! It describes what we were all thinking..kill me! What is going on here? haha (no it really was fun though!)
Thanks girls for a fun, eventful night! The 2nd class was memory boards. I ended up being the only one that really staying the whole time to make mine, the other girls were busy that day. But I am glad I stayed or I would never have finished it. I really like the fabric I got and thought this board turned out really cute.

Our next class is tomorrow night called "holiday centerpieces" It's with the same lady who did the wreaths so I think we are all holding our breath to see how that one turns out! haha. But it should be fun!

Oh also-
Erik and I are taking a Guitar class together through the county as well. It has been really fun. Erik is really into it (he practices every night) I am enjoying it too. It is just really fun to do something together.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

1. I want a memory board or whatever you are calling it for my new apartment! I will let you know once I decide what colors and then I will expect it in the mail in approximately 3 weeks. Mmkay, thanks so much!!

2. You are taking guitar?? What?? Are you good? Do you guys have 2 guitars now? Do you want to buy mine?

Rachel said...

Good for you and Erick doing things together...you guys are going to make great parents.

Abby said...

I love the memory board...you are going to have to post how you made it! I think it's so cute! I love how crafty you are! Keep it up!

Sara said...

Oh what fun we had!!! The centerpiece class was a hoot as well! At least when we look at our silly crafts we will have some sweet memories! h and I love all your new posts- can you come update my life and do all the posts I am slacking on?!!:)