Erik finally got his scrubs the other week. Doesn't he look so cute in them? We scored with a good color-blue. Each year has a different color.
I cant remember if I already mentioned we celebrated our 3 year anniversary a month ago. It was really casual but we enjoyed spending time together. Erik grilled us some steaks on our new grill. Yummy. I made these mini cupcakes each with a letter on them. Erik had to unscramble them to spell out a secret code. lol. I got Erik an American flag for us to hang by our front door. (he really wanted this..he is so funny about it!) And he surprised me with Rascal Flatts tickets. Holy Cow I was so excited! We actually go tonight. There coming to VA beach. I have always wanted to see them, i cant wait.


I Guess it's Official:
We just got Erik's Diploma in the mail today. Kind of bad but I hadn't even thought about it. I am glad I had forgotten that we hadn't gotten it yet so I didn't have to worry about it. But i guess it's here. Yay.
Beer Rebates:
I don't know if everyone knows about these already but I thought I would share. These are the best things in the world. Basically free groceries from beer companies. In states such as UT and VA you don't have to buy the required Beer, So you just get the food and get money back. They aer great. They are usually near the beer isle in your grocery or drug stores. Pick them up when you see them! This month we have already got $60 in free groceries from them. Awesome!
Lack of a Green Thumb:
I always thought it wasn't hard to grow plants. Boy was I wrong. Our Palm is dying I think. That is the problem, i can never tell until it is too late. I water these things practically every day. Then I get nervous that I am over watering them and that is what is killing them. I don't know. We will see how long our large "love fern" can survive. In a few weeks I also plan on planting some bulbs in our front flower bed..so hopefully that goes over smoothly and we will see some flowers next spring. Also below is our hanging mum, which is dead for sure. (that might have been because I didn't hook it on correctly and it fell to the ground the first day!)

My Mama Would Be So Ashamed:
(I love Carrie Underwood btw) Okay So Clorox Wipes are my one true love. They are amazing. They are so easy. I practically mopped my whole kitchen floor with them the other day. (using about 30.) My mom would seriously be so disappointed. Not only is it laziness but these things are not cheap either. I would always try to cut corners every Saturday when I had to clean my bathroom at home. Some things never change. Lets just hope they are at least as strong and clean as spray cleaners. And lets be grateful for Costco.
Okay, Seriously..HELP!! This is my freezer. It is tiny and not functional at all. I wish there was at least shelves or levels in there so i could get at something. Any ideas? Suggestions? This is such a mess. And yes those are Eggo's...i have rediscovered them and ohh they are soo good!As for the cheese balls (not pictured, I'm just sayin) wow not as good as i remember. I bought that huge barrel of Utz cheese balls, i swear it made these sores on the roof of my mouth. They are pretty gross. Sometimes childhood favorites should be left in the past.
Rediscovering Drug Stores:
So if you wish you were a coupon er or could get good deals but it's overwhelming and complicated and you don't know where to start. Start here: with Rite Aid rebates,and Walgreen's/CVS's store money programs. They are way easy and fun to do. Pair them with some coupons and you can even make some money. I got everything below and made a profit of $2.00. sweet. See your local ads or go drop by the stores it is so easy. (i just realized what a cheesy ad all that sounded like) All I am saying is its FREE people!?! I am just getting back into the swing of things after moving out here. I gotta say though, I sure miss our trips together Jen and Linds!

6 comments:
haha I love the picture of your freezer! I can't believe it doesn't have at least one shelf or SOMETHING in there! You'll have to get creative with that.
You get such great deals! The only store around here is Walmart but they are building a walgreen's--I'll have to look into some of the deals you mentioned!
Have fun at Rascal Flatts! So Lucky!
I am so jealous that you do coupons! Ashley does too and I want to. Maybe one day when I actually have someone to put all the free stuff I will start.
I love the beer rebate thing. I've never heard of those! I'm going grocery shopping right now and I'm definitely going to look for them! Your blog is awesome! Love the everyday stuff you put in it! I'm so jealous of your Rascal Flatts concert! You should tell Eric to put a good word in about it to Tony...Maybe he'll copy him when they come to Kentucky:) Miss you guys!
Looks like you and Erik are settling in well...post pictures of your decorated house once you're all done!! I want to see!! Oh, and my sister did tell me she ran into you last week...fun stuff!!
Have fun at the concert =) Miss you!
Ok now that I don't work, I feel like I have more time to get into the coupon thing. I tried when you guys first told me about it but I wasn't that into it so it didn't work. Now you have to coach me through it. What do I do first? Register online or something? Help me Nichole!
So fun you are going to Rascal Flatts! I'm jealous! We are thrilled to see you next month! Great deal shopping. I can sympathize with the freezer Ha!
Post a Comment