So remember how I was looking forward to spending a nice relaxing day with Erik yesterday? Well...
By morning Erik woke up with a rash on his body and migraine like headaches but even worse his eyes were swollen and it hurt to move them, they felt extremely stiff. His fever had gone down but he still had chills. So we decided it was time to take him into the ER for some tests.
6 hours later....
Erik does not have:
strep
mono
flu
meningitis
Lyme disease
He has:
normal cat scan
normal chest x-ray
all blood work looks normal
so....?!?! The doctor said he doesn't know what it is. His best guess is a nasty virus he is just going to have to work out. Possibly a tick bite- he gave him some antibiotic for that. He told us to go home and he gave us some pain killers and said come back if anything new happens.
This morning Erik still has a fever, but it's gone down dramatically. And he is walking around with his eyes closed because they hurt so bad. You have to understand that this is Erik not me, if he is acting like this it's really bad and he is in a lot of pain . We are both a little nervous about the eye thing. We are going to wait it out today and then maybe tomorrow if things are not better i want to take him to an optometrist or to go get a MRI done or something. Any suggestions? Anyone heard of this stuff? Please keep my sweet husband in your prayers!
7 comments:
Ohh, I am so sorry you guys are going through this! I don't have any suggestions on what to do, but I will be praying for Eric. I hope this clears up soon!
I feel terrible for you guys! What an awful ordeal. We'll keep you in our prayers for sure. I agree about the dentist vs. doctor argument- very true! Also, looking for a job is the crappiest job in the world!!! I hate it and feel your pain there, believe me!
We're so sorry, Nichole, about Erik's awful illness! From one wife of a Fox boy to another, I'm going to tell you that Larry's had some very crazy and obscure viruses, as well. Hopefully, Erik's eyes are okay. You guys are in our prayers!
Did you check for Roseola?
so, so sorry! we just had a nasty thing go around our family. we all got really bad migraines/headaches for 2-3 days and then broke out in a nasty rash all over. that went away after several days. no eye problem, though. good luck!
Sorry Erik! Sounds painful!Emily and her family had a weird virosu that sounds EXACTLY like this about three weeks ago. Nothing to fear. They just got gradually better...had a fleeting headache for a few days adn the rash lasted about 3 days too.
Wow, scary! Sorry you had to go through that, especially right in the middle of a big move. I hope Erik gets to feeling better soon.
We miss y'all!
Post a Comment