1. Erik is feeling all better. His "unknown virus" went away Sunday of last week and was able to attend school all last week. He is slowly but surely getting caught up.
1a. I also wanted to add that last week our a.c. went out in the evening of a 90 degrees something day...with nasty humidity. I thought I was going to die. And of course apparently that is not considered an emergency so maintenance wouldn't come fix it that night. boo. Another reason I am so grateful we already have such great friends. When I was calling around for fans 3 couples invited us to come sleep at there place. So we ended up sleeping at some friends. There house felt so good. aah.. and it was fun to have a little sleepover with them! Thanks Hones!!!
2. I still have no real leads on a job. But I have applied to a lot. But, I am in no hurry. I am enjoying telling people that I am a "stay at home wife." I swear I have yet to be bored. I feel like I am cleaning this house everyday...since it's triple the size of our last place we are having issues keeping it clean. And I am still working on decorating and painting. I cant believe i thought I could finish it all in one week. haha. So pictures will come soon of at least a few of the rooms. I am also being pretty good about hitting the gym almost every day. It has been really good for me. The gym here has awesome facilities and a lot of group exercise classes. Which is also embarrassing to watch ladies 3 times your age kick your butt at the workout. Speaking of butts..i fell on mine in a class where we were doing backwards sprints the other day...yeah that was real smooth.
3. Erik and I got callings last week. We are the Valiant 12 primary teachers. yay! I was so excited when I heard that. Erik...it took him teaching them once and now he is hooked. I was a little nervous about what our kids would be like. (i know i was awful when I was 12!) But they are awesome. A little chatty...but I will take it. At least they seem to be good, nice kids, i will take chatty nice kids.
We taught for the first time yesterday. I think it went really well. My favorite part was when I asked the question "when was a time that you ever followed the prophet even when it was hard." This really talkative boy raised his hand and said "well this is not exactly of a time when I followed the prophet but kind of...yesterday I helped this woman load the groceries in her car in the pouring rain, she was having a hard time" Then the boy next to him said "you know what..that is following the prophet because I was reading my scriptures the other day and it said that when you serve others, it's like you are serving God, so that is like following the prophet." I almost started bawling right there. I thought that was so precious. Its neat to see them teaching each other and also discovering scriptures that are so common and act as if it was new doctrine. Then I realized, maybe it is new doctrine to them. Wow i feel so honored that I get to help these young kids begin to really learn and apply the gospel and even new doctrines to there lives. I love it so far. And it already has really helped Erik and I to grow spiritually. I am so grateful for callings!
4. Last weekend I went to northern Va, back to my home ward area. I was there to throw a shower for my best friend from High School who is getting married. It was my first bridal shower I had thrown, i was happy with how it turned out. With my friends help I think we pulled off a pretty good shower! It was fun to see ladies from my old ward and also some school friends. Actually my friend took some pics...















5. While we were up there we also got to hang out with Erik's sister Jennifer. It was really fun. We lover her and Taylor. We played Monopoly and I won! yay! I never win that game so i enjoyed that. (p.s. Gary Jewkes cousins...i realized after all these years that at our "monopoly marathons" -we were totally playing it wrong! I like it your way better though! anyone remember that?)
6. This coming weekend we are going on a little fox reunion thing. We are going to the cool place called The Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg Va. It has a indoor waterpark and is just a really fun family hotel with stuff today and the rooms are all themed etc. So I am excited for that.
7. The best news of all happened today- Nate was leaving the MTC today to go to Chile. In his last letter he said he would get to call and would do so between 12-1. I figured I would web cam with my family and hope to kinda catch something. Well to my surprise my phone rang this morning and it was NATE!!!! I was so thrilled. I cried...but he remained strong..i don't know what they put in the water at the MTC but those Elders are so pumped and ready to go and don't care about family anymore and Nate is a crier! (give him a few months right?) haha. No it was so good to talk to him. Especially since I found out the other day that I had accidentally been sending my letters straight to Chile and not the MTC...so he hadn't got any letters from me for a whole month. I felt awful! Aww...I miss my baby brother. He sounded so good and upbeat. He is all ready to get out there and spread the gospel. I am so excited for him. The part of today that made me so sad was that He was going to call my parents on his next layover...and we are not sure exactly what happened but because of delays and phone issues he only talked to my whole family for like 3 min. I felt awful!!! If I would have known I wouldn't have hogged him. I felt really bad for my mom. My family had been waiting by the phone literally for hours. I felt terrible.
Well on that note.....wow what a bad way to end a blog. ummm...Erik and I have gotten in to Lost since we moved here. We watch instantly on netflicks. It is awesome, we love it. I close my eyes most of the time but i still get the idea. We are almost done with season 2. yay!!!
9 comments:
AHHH!!! We're hooked on Lost too!! We finished season 2 this morning at 1:30 Am ha ha. But Anthony says that it is sucking his life away and so he is cutting off from the addiction ha ha. NOT ME! Season 3 here I come BABY!!
Nichole! I totally love your post, and just seeing pictures of the shower you did for Lauren was great! What a great job! Glad to hear you and Erik are settling in, and we sure can't wait to see you two this coming weekend!
I agree with Mindy, the shower looks so nice what a great job on a first time shower! I'm glad you guys have such good friends- i'm sure they'll come in handy again. That's great you got to talk to Nate, try not to feel too bad, your mom will get to talk to him again but you might not be able to...trying to look on the bright side here! YAY! for great wolf lodge...we are so excited, i will be calling you tonight to discuss :) LOVE YOU!!!
oh i forgot to say..what a great calling. They will be so fun and how fun you guys get to teach together! It's amazing how much "the teacher" learns, right along with the students!
Nicole! I'm jobless and way into Lost too!! I finished Season 2 yesterday and am already 5 shows into season 3....what a loser I am! So glad we have yet another thing in common:) Hope you guys are doing well! Call me anytime!
Your calling sounds awesome. You guys will be great! Fun for Elder Fox out of the MTC already. Great to hear an update!
Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog... what a fun surprise :) So glad to see that everything is going great for you guys! I saw pics of you in St. Louis... is it worth the 10 dollars to ride to the top of the arch? We'll be in St. Louis on Thursday.
Hey,
Its Andrea Waldron here. I got your message, how fun that you are in the same ward as the Sedwicks. They are a fun couple, you will have to tell them hello for us. It looks like you and Eric have a little adventure ahead of you. Sounds like it will be a great experience. Hope all is going well for you both.
Your friends bridal shower looks beautiful! Did you make all that food? Is she your same friend you hung out with when I came to VA?
I wish that I could be a stay at home wife! I am so jealous! I always tell Matt that he would have the most wonderful dinners and the house would always be so clean if I could be a stay at home wife! Hopefully you won't find a job for a while! ;)
Post a Comment