Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Im glad Erik is becoming a Dentist not a doctor....(no offense)

I hate the doctors office, especially after hours clinics. And i know people hate the dentist...but at least they fix you! A dentist can almost always "diagnose" the problem. I know i know it's totally diffrent, but I am on a rant.
Erik has had a fever, chills and extreme headache all weekend. (and if you know Erik, if he is complaining at all, it must be bad!) Finally i make him go to the doctors today even though we have no insurance because he hits a temp of 104.2. So we go in no flu, no other real symptoms except extreme headache, so so tired and fever/chills. So we paid $239.00 for them to tell us that he has something but they dont know what so just "take it easy" and take some ibuprofen. Thanks!
Ok- i know its a tough job and sometimes that is all that is wrong with a person, no prescription etc needed. But, it should be illegal to take that much money from a person if there was nothing the doctor did. Maybe a am for socialized medicine after all! (jk-then my wait to see a doc would not just be 2 hours it would be 5) grrr.
I am stressed and frustrated and I wish my poor amazing hubby didn't feel like crap his first week of dental school. He is so worried he is missing quizzes, tests, Goodnes! You know those days where you just spend the whole day crying and you don't know why...yeah it's been one of those.
Well at least Erik gets to stay home with me the next few days and we can spend some time together just relaxing. Man! We really need that. I miss my husband. There is a lot to do when you move to a new place. Maybe I am trying to do too much all at once. That's another thing...i hate job hunting...so stressful and hard, and annoying when you don't want to be doing any of the jobs you are applying for.
Ok I am sounding very ungrateful and bratty I know. I just think the newness and exciment of it all is wearing off a bit and it's back to real, stressful hard life. The problems and stresses I had in Utah left for a little bit but now they are back at full force. But that's ok, i can handle it. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who supports and loves me and an awesome new ward who has been so friendly, welcoming and kind. I love this area and all our new friends. I really shouldn't be complaining. But thanks for listening anyway. ( i really need to get a personal journal so i can write posts like this in there instead of publicly for everyone to read...good thing I am a pretty "tell it like it is" kinda girl!? I would tell this to your face anyway. whatever!!)

8 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

His fever got THAT high?! I would be a nervous wreck too! I hope he feels better soon!

Darlene said...

I know, the cost is so high for so little, it drives a person insane!

I think Erik picked the right profession too, hehe. Is he going for DMD or DDS?

dreamkas said...

wow lots going on then! things will settle down, hope Erik starts feeling better. also good luck with the job hunting that was always my least favourite thing. i always said looking for a job was THE worst job ever!

Danielle and Brian said...

oh boy!! i love you girl! I would have had the same gripe. Such a pain. I am so sorry that he is not feeling well. Not good timing for a gross anatomy test coming up on Friday. let me know if I can do anything at all.
Hey also, my email is danielle12@hotmail.com so email me your address and I'll add you to my blog.

Ryan and Andrea said...

So sorry to hear about Erik! Hope he feels better soon & hope you get out of the "blues" yourself!

C Tam said...

Seems like hard stuff happens all at once, doesn't it. Good luck with the job hunt!

Sara Lee said...

I have a really good dentist horror story. Tell Eric to remember not to push root canals unless it is the last possible option.

Anonymous said...

Your wait would be more like 5 months not 5 hours!