Monday, June 15, 2009

Before I forget....

While I am in a blogging mood I had a few other random thoughts these past few weeks that I want to share.

1. What is up with all this rain?? Seriously I think I need to start building an Ark. It has been raining everyday for the past few weeks!!! This is seriously affecting my summer tan plans.

2. My parents always say that they would have married me off at 16 if they knew that being married would make me be the way I am now....they think I transformed over night from a bratty teen to a wonderful, responsible, thrifty, and helpful wife. Anyway- they laugh at me and my coupon/deal shopping and now they have introduced Erik and I to Dave Ramsey...and much to there surprise I LOVE IT!!! Dave Ramsey is a radio host and a motivational speaker on financial planning. Erik and I are listening to his c-ds. We have learned so much!!! It is so great. We have never been good at budgeting but his c-d's have really helped us. 2 Saturdays ago we sat down to work out our budget and no lie were doing it for 4 hours!!! And I loved it. My parents were shocked! Anyway, I highly recommend his c-d's. They are funny, entertaining, and really really insightful and helpful. I have already learned so much. It's amazing how many people are not smart with there money. It is amazing what you can do if you are smart with your money.

3. Over a month ago now a woman came and spoke to us at a Stake Enrichment activity. She has a book about streamlining and organizing. Ever since then I have been so motivated to get rid of stuff and clean up our space. She talked about instead of doing the household shuffle to get out the household SHOVEL! A lot of the time when we organize we just shift stuff around, she explains there is such a weight lifted off us when we simply GET RID of stuff we dont need, want, use, like or have room for. She wants you to go into each room of your house and touch every single thing and ask yourself "do i want, like, need, use or have room for this?" It's amazing how often you will think...No! So then give it away or throw it away. I really appreciated her insights and have tried to take them to heart.
It's hard cuz I am a big time pack rat...and so is Erik. I thought it was so funny, she talked about the reasons we keep things: beacuse we spent good money on it, aunt betty gave it to me and might be offended if I give it away, or because someday we might need it. I ALWAYS think these things!! These are not good excuses! I loved how she taught that you will probably need it someday but someone needs it today so...give it away!! I even made some money on clothes that I let go of. It is so hard for me to get rid of clothes, but I finally did it and took them to plato's closet and I made $104.00!!! Awesome huh? So it sure has paid off to get rid of everything I dont need, want, like, use or have room for. I now can enjoy not only my organized space but my empty space. I have learned to value space and only use it for things I really want, need, like or have room for. It really is quite a relief. I love living clutter free! So come to the ward drop and swap in the D basment this weekend to get some of my junk! haha.


I also FINALLY put together a large 72 hour kit for Erik and I. (with a lot of the junk in my closets!) It feels so good to have that together as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They would have married you off at 16? Seriously? As if 18 weren't young enough?

The Fox Family said...

haha they wouldnt have. Who is Sydney?

Lisa Fox said...

I need to dejunk SO BAD!!! have you seen our hideous storage room. ahhh, i feel like i'm being taken over by junk....help me!

baky84 said...

I love how you talked about your coupon thing. I just recently attended my first coupon class and I was truly inspired ;-D I'll be shopping later this week with one of my friends who had taught it and I seriously cannot wait to learn!!