Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wish i was Skiing

I cant believe it has taken me this long to post about something that happened 2 weeks ago and was an amazing experience!! I...Nichole Fox...after living in Utah for the majority of my life...for the first time ever..WENT SKIING! Yay! My good friend Rachel took me. She was so nice and so patient with me. She taught me so well! Alta has a free ski everyday from 3-5 just on the bunny slopes to help beginners learn to ski. It was great. The first hour was a little rough (falling down on the tow rope was not one of my proudest moments.) I was sure Rachel would just ski away and act like she didn't know me as people tried to get around me..laying right under the tow rope...in everyones way. (evertime I tried to get up my head would hit the rope) A pretty hilarious site I am sure. And especially in Utah when you have 5 year olds whizzing by you and here I am almost 21 and I spend most of the trip with my hinder on the ground. haha. Oh man it was pretty funny. And the lift...scariest thing every! Why is there no bar that comes down in front? Seriously? I thought i was going to die. Let's just say I had a pretty good grip on that arm rest and I was'nt letting go even to fix my fogged up goggles. But once we actually got on the Bunny hill and I got going it went really well. It was an awesome feeling to just be gliding across the snow, going side to side down the mountain. It was really fun. I am still really bad at the steep hills...they scare me, i dont trust myself going that fast..so i purposly fall to stop myself. (ouch) But i made it down the bunny hill once in the 1 and 1/2 hours we were there. haha. I really had a great time and I just keep telling Erik..."i want to go skiing again!!" I cant stop talking about it. It was so fun, Iwould love to get good. Anyway there is my adventure! :)
Look how much I look like a beginner in this picture! haha. I love my weird bent knees! But Isn't it beautiful!?

8 comments:

Annica said...

Hahah! I went skiing for the first (and probably the last) time when I was about your age. Everyone thought I was crazy for living in Utah and never having gone before, but, oh well. Anyway, my story ended with a bloody nose and 2 black eyes!!!

rach said...

no no! don't tell her that! ;)

JA and co. said...

The best part about skiing/snowboarding for the first time is how you're so sore you can't move right for days. I love it!

Lisa Fox said...

it is sad that i never went skiing while living in Utah...seriously sad, so you go girl. I have only gone once and it was in high school and i was like you...but that's how it's supposed to be for beginners.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Way to go Nichole. I had no idea that you had never been! I could/should have taught you how to snowboard. Glad you got the opportunity. Rachel is so nice.

Mindy and Larry said...

Skiing is soooo awesome! I'm so glad to hear that another beginner like me loved it, in spite of the falls! I've only been once (in PA) and would LOVE to go again!!!! Maybe when you're out here...we could go sometime!! Although the Eastern hills are nothing compared to the Rockies, you may feel more like a pro!!! :)

The Allred Family said...

fun! can't believe you've never been!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I love that! I used to ski a lot when I was younger, but then I stopped and now I can not ski at all! The last time I went with our cousin Mollie! I think she wanted to kill me because I kept falling the whole time! I have attempted to snow board 3 times! I am no good, but I'm pretty sure my problem is that I wait like 6 yrs and then try again, I need to practice. I had no idea you could ski for free on the bunny hill at alta! I'm gonna have to go!!! That is awesome! Thanks!

If you ever need anyone to fall down with all day on the slopes give me a call!!