Saturday, March 7, 2009

Run for Red




Erik decided about 2 weeks ago that he wanted to run a 5k in a fundraiser race for the red cross. He had never ran a 5k before, and just started "training"/ running a little bit ago on a regular basis again. So our expectations were low! He just had the attitude of having fun and "not coming in last!" haha. Well my baby did awesome!!! His time was 20:13 and he came in 11th overall and 6th in his age group. GOOD JOB BABY!!! I was so proud of him. It was so much fun going and cheering him on and watching him run. He was a little disappointed in his time, and he even said he didn't really feel tired, like he paced himself to much and should have gave it more. So wow...who knows what he can really do next time!?! It was a fun morning and he has now signed up for a few more races this spring. I cant wait!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go Erik! I am training for my 1st 5K too! I am not nearly as fast as you are! I am impressed! Great job!

Lisa Fox said...

I am also doing a 5K in the spring...i so am going to beat your time Erik...watch out buddy...haha love you!

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations, Erik! Way to go!