Monday, February 23, 2009

What a Great Weekend!

We had an awesome weekend. We went up on Friday to see my family and sleepover. We always love going up there to play the Wii and hang out. We also watched Hancock which I had never seen and I thought it was a pretty good movie. People bashed it...but I actually liked it. Then on Sat. we went swimming with my family at a friends indoor pool. We had it to ourselves and got a good game of water dodge ball in. I forgot how fun..and violent that game is. (our team won! )

Then we went home to get ready for a great night. Our Elders Quorum put on this dinner for the Sisters. It was fancy...and DELICIOUS! (and you cant beat a free dinner!) Than BYU held a free married couples dance which was catered by Kneaders. (more free food..i know!) It was awesome. There was a live band and it was decorated all pretty and we even took a plate of food home. So we danced the night away...whipping out all our country swing dance moves and trying to make them look more like jazz swing moves. It was pretty funny. But we are learning. And, I only got dropped once. Which was really embarrassing and kinda hurt...but oh well! We were having such a good night together we really didn't want it to end so we headed off to the dollar theatre. Everything but Bolt was sold out so...we thought O well for $1 why not? I LOVED IT!!! Maybe because it was late at night and I was tired, but I thought it was hilarious. It wasn't in 3-D (thank goodness!) I hate 3-D. It was so cute and funny. I really liked the movie. So that was the end to our really great...and mostly free fun date.

Then the next day I woke up and couldn't move...seriously because my back and shoulders hurt soo soo bad. I was sore...from dancing or dodge ball or both...i dunno lame i know but i couldn't move. I got up to get ready for church hurt so bad I fell back into bed and didn't wake up until 4pm. crazy! Well good thing I have all week off (while the family i nanny for is in Cancun) to take it easy. haha. I am doing better today. I am just getting old i guess. I couldn't believe it!

9 comments:

dreamkas said...

we watched bolt last week too and all enjoyed it! and we werent over tired! we watched it in 2d thank goodness i also dont like 3d movies sounds like you have had a great weekend enjoy your week off

Cami said...

So fun! We got tickets to that dance but ended up coming home after the dinner and going to bed! We'd had a long day and just couldn't make it.. so I'm sorry to whoever wanted to go and couldn't get a ticket since I didn't use mine! But it sounded like fun, though it seems it may have hurt you! Anyway, thanks for the report. Good times.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What a fun weekend! Free food is the best!

The Sohm's said...

So I have to tell you I love hancock too even though a lot of people didn't. You looks so cute at the dance it looks like a lot of fun! And I can't believe your moving to Virgina you will have fun.

Annica said...

I thought Hancock was good too! I really like Will Smith movies. Looks like you guys had a great day!

Lisa Fox said...

I love the movie Bolt, so cute. Ahhh, so jealous about all the free food and dancing and pool, ok the whole weekend. You're going to miss that stuff about BYU but there is still going to be plenty of other fun stuff at VCU also!
Brett and I are actually going to an adult dance our ward is doing. It's a black and pink dance the ward is calling it. I went to Claires and got Hot pink accessories, even hot pink trashy nylons :) Can't wait!

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! and the pic of you and Eric is super cute :) You look gorgeous AS USUAL!! Okay, so I found those cute backgrounds and got one loaded-THANK YOU! I've got another question for ya--how do I change the layout and the other background colors for the blog posts, etc?? Thanks again!!

-Jami

Mindy and Larry said...

Nichole! Was Erik as tired as you were after that amazing date night and weekend? Wow! It sounds so cool to have dinner, dance, and movie for just a couple of bucks, if that much! That is one of the cool things about the Y--how much fun you can have for so little $! I miss that sometimes! Enjoy it for the next couple of months! :)

Anonymous said...

holy moly, you guys were busy! i didn't know they did free dances for BYU couples (or I may have ignored the signs on campus because we didn't get married until AFTER I graduated..), i wish we would have known!

glad you had a blast :-)