What do you think? I need some good feedback on a bed with a footbaord. I have heard it is Impossible to make the bed..tuck the sheets in at the bottom. What do you think? What are some other furniture stores/websites you have looked at and loved? I really want to research this before I make a big purchase and change. I would love any input.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Bedroom Design
So in our next apartment we want to work on our bedroom. We have really nice living room with furniture and decorations that i still love, but while in Wymount we have done nothing in our bedroom. We have no actual bed frame, headboard etc., and no dressers etc. So we want to buy a bedroom set, or at least a bed. We also think we should get to paint our next apartment which I am so thrilled about. So I have been looking a little bit and trying to decide what i want to do. I cant decide if i want more the "rich" chunky fancy bedroom look, or the almost modern simple spa like bedroom.
Here is a bed i found that i really love. I think it's a good mix between the 2 styles. And here is a wall color i love! It's kind of purple grey just on one wall.
What do you think? I need some good feedback on a bed with a footbaord. I have heard it is Impossible to make the bed..tuck the sheets in at the bottom. What do you think? What are some other furniture stores/websites you have looked at and loved? I really want to research this before I make a big purchase and change. I would love any input.
What do you think? I need some good feedback on a bed with a footbaord. I have heard it is Impossible to make the bed..tuck the sheets in at the bottom. What do you think? What are some other furniture stores/websites you have looked at and loved? I really want to research this before I make a big purchase and change. I would love any input.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
i love the room dont like the dark bedroom furniture tho. making a bed is always a pain. i personally love ikea (could be the lighter colours) we got a malm bed in beech from there in fact most of my furniture is from ikea!!! you have good style sense so enjoy the process!
If Eric is very tall I might shy away from a foot board (I honestly don't remember if he's tall or not). Jimmy hates them, constantly kicks them at night. That's the only negative. There should be at least a little room to tuck in the blankets with a foot board, so that shouldn't be the deciding factor. I would love a nice four-poster bed, not the huge chunky kind but more modern...but we cannot decide on a bedroom set we both like and something (like kids bedrooms) always comes up that's more of a priority, so 8+ years into marriage we still don't have one. How sad is that!
I would NOT buy at Ikea. We bought our one and only set there and when we moved the first time one dresser and the bed broke. So we only have two night stands and a half-broken dresser. The rest had to be trashed.
We STILL don't have a bedroom set. 10 years and nadda, in fact what is in our room is brett's from when he was a little boy, how sad huh. I personally like a four poster bed, i've been vying for one for years. I also like a bench at the end of the bed...ahh to dream...I have always heard to keep the bedroom on the bright side so that it can be a retreat for you and Erik....good luck. So where did you guys find a place that was nice and quick?
We have a footboard and I have no problems making the bed (but our footboard is curved so you can still get to the mattress in some places. Cute ideas!
I like the first picture the best. You could do any color scheme in the room a with a furniture set like that. We have a foot board at the end of our bed but it doesn't bother us (however we both are short..) Make the bed isn't bad either. I guess it just depends on the individual bed. I always look at room designs at potterybarn.com because you can shop by room and look at how they set up rooms. It's an expensive place but they have good ideas that you can copy from other stores.
bekah we moved some of our ikea stuff from the uk to ireland to utah and now up to washington so i think you got a dud!
I have a few suggestions: I wouldn't buy a whole bedroom set from ikea. It looks nice, but I would make an investment in quality wood and construction. Also, you might get sick of their style since it tends to be more trendy. I would pick a style that you will still love 20 years from now. Secondly, a footboard makes the bed look complete, and it isn't hard to make the bed at all. I do it everyday! It actually seems like without the footboard, the bed would look messy if you didn't make the bed just right. Thirdly, you can go for dark wood, but like lisa said, make sure the rest of the room is lighter (ie, wall color, sheets, etc) and with cooler colors otherwise it will be hard to relax. How much natural light you get in the room also matters...the more of that, the darker you can afford to go without getting dungeon-like. From the two photos you selected, I think your style matches more with the first picture...it seems more "nichole." If you want to go really contemporary, I would get select pieces and mix it in. I don't think you would in 20 years still love a completely contemporary style. Those are my thoughts!
I really like that bed. I was thinking the same thing, that it is a cross between the two styles. I personally LOVE more contemporary style like the pic with the gray wall. That is more the style we are going for in our house. It's a lot different than what everyone else does around here. If you want some more ideas for more contemporary, check out lofgrens.com, copenhagenwest.com, or san francisco design. Of course Ikea is always the cheaper option. I really love Crate and Barrel too. Even Costco online has some nice furniture. We got our contemporary bedroom set from Costco. Our bed doesn't have a footboard and I love it! Oh, another store to check out is Downeast. They have stuff from ZGallerie, Pottery Barn, and Restoration Hardware. Some of the stuff is beat up, but you can find some pretty nice stuff there too. Can you tell I'm a little crazy about style and furniture?? I just wish I had the money to refurnish my house all at once!
rachel makes a good point i do like to change my bed(foot board headboard etc)
a lot!!! i have had 5 bed sets (foot board headboard etc) in 6 yrs of marriage and loved getting new ones! didnt even occur to me that you might be looking for the next 20 yrs! he he find joy in the journey good luck!!!
i don't ever make the bed (what kind of a wife am i?) so i have nothing to say on the pro's and con's of making a bed with a footboard...but i will say buy something classic that you will still like in a few years. i don't think that really helps, but oh well. at first i thought i liked the bottom picture better but now i'm not sure...i guess i just think the top bed is too dark!
Post a Comment