Tonight a really great friend of mine and I went to see the much anticipated Twilight movie together. Rachel (the really great friend) and i have been together from the beginning of out Twilight saga. I made her read the books with me at the cabin...we went to the bookstore the night of the release of breaking dawn....and now the movie together. (pictures below...dedicated to her! haha)I have to say that for a movie of a really great book...it was pretty darn good. Of course of course nothing can ever compare to the book and the first 20 min of the movie you spend thinking nope that's not what he looked like...nope thats not what the house looked like...nope this and that is wrong...but that settles in and it turned out to be a pretty good movie. I think they did a fairly good job with the plot compared to the book. I would recommend seeing it...only if your a twilight fan. I know if i brought Erik or my mother or anyone who hasn't read the book and doesn't get it...they would be laughing at it the whole time. Understandably because for some reason what's very very laughably cheesy on the screen is so amazingly not cheesy in book. ( either that or i am just a sucker for cheesy books!) But hey...i know i am not the only one that loved these books! ;) 
So hey go see it! Oh- and that scrawny creepy looks nothing like "my" Edward boy in the movie trailer...definitely grows on you...a lot! ;) For some reason our stupid movie theatre had no posters or anything up for the movie but me and Rach really wanted a picture...so we asked someone to take one outside the theatre...i know major dorks. thanks for a fun date Rachy! p.s. we miss you Alicia! Have you seen it yet??
Twilight memories:

10 comments:
p.s. the cinematography botherd me...a lot. basically if i hadnt read the books i think i would think this movie was really weird. good thing i have read it!!:)
I miss y'all too! Staying inside the cabin under blankets and reading for 3 days straight definitely made for an awesome vacation :). And I actually haven't seen the movie yet...mostly because I've been waiting to hear what other people think (the trailer sort of made it look not that good with the cinematography and the script). But I'm sure I'll see it eventually. Oh, and congrats with the haircut! I messed Jason's up once a few years ago, but it definitely gets easier each time.
im glad the movie is good i was planning on avoiding it because of all the reasons you mentioned! i prob still wont go to see it but i will rent it when it comes out on dvd!
I love the pic of you guys in the leaves. I actually really want to get one of us as a family, but i think we might be to late. errr.
You and Erik should go as Bella and Edward for Halloween next year. :)
You said it perfectly! I was totally laughing as I was reading this post because I felt the exact same way about the movie!! Some stuff bugged me, it was cheesy, but I liked it! I had a lot of fun going to the theater with my best girlfriends... my mom, sisters and Olivia!!
GOOD TIMES! i love that we went to the movie on the opening day. we are total nerds. nice pics...haha brings back many memories. PS: i like the new look of your blog and the new pic!
I'm not going to see the movie even though I am a HUGE twilight fan. I really don't want to have "my" characters messed up. This series is too good to me. Maybe I will see it once it comes out on DVD???
i was totally analyzing the movie the whole time, too. they got a lot of details wrong but i really enjoyed the movie after i got over all of my pre-conceived notions!
I LOVED the movie too. I saw it the first day it came out only because my friend gave it to me as a birthday present, or I probably would've waited for DVD. You are one of those crazy fans, aren't you?
You're blog is really cute!
-Andrea
Post a Comment