Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Party Girl

So i am a nanny for a family in Alpine Utah and i love them dearly. They have a daughter who recently turned 10 and her mother asked me to throw the party for her. So i went all out. It was a sleepover party and we had a blast! I planned all the games, did the decorations, set up, did food...and THIS CAKE!
It turned out better than i could have ever imagined. It kinda looks like the picture. The birthday girl really wanted this cake so i spent the 5 hours to make it perfect. It was really fun. The party was aweosme i had some great games (i will try to get some pictures to put up later) and all the girls said it was the best party ever. The mothers also said i was a natural and should do this as a job. It really got me thinking and i just might. What do you think? I already know tons of families in Alpine i could just try it..send out some flyers make a blog of past parties and experience. I also threw the mother of this family a suprise 80's birthday party which was also a huge hit and i got tons of compliments for (pictures below). So i think i could do this. And it's something i LOVE!! Give me your thoughts and ideas and tell me how impressed you are with my cake. haha. I was pretty proud! :)
Here are some pics from the 80's party. All over the walls are 80's stars and notice the 80's food.

5 comments:

Annica said...

Haha! Cute outfit! And nice job on your cake, too!

Ashley said...

That cake looks amazing! I would totally let you do my kids birthday parties! Meg's birthday is coming up soon!

great work!

C&C said...

LOVE THE CAKE! I want to take a cake decorating class so bad. Seriously, that cake is awesome. and i love the 80's getup.

Joel & Megan said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That Cake is SOOO CUTE!!!! If I ever attempted to do that......well I don't think I have the patience! I love it!

rachydave said...

that's actually a really good idea, nichole, to do parties. you would be really good at it. PS: thanks for letting me snitch some waffers and marshmallows before you used them all on the cake! haha