Friday, September 12, 2008

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?....






GREAT!!!!!! Erik and i decided this summer to plant our first garden together. So in a small apartment with no yard to call our own we just stared easy with a nice big tomato plant. We got a huge pot and started it from seed. (that was a mistake...no one told us you could buy a starter plant.) It's turned out wonderful except here we are in September and we havent had a single tomatoes yet. But hey this was a learning experience and i am just proud that i could grow a tomato plant from a seed and it now have green tomatoes on it. I think we will get a few batches before it gets too cold. This tomato plant has been like our little baby this summer. We love going out and watering it and watching it grow. Sometimes i even find myself talking baby talk to it. haha. So here are some shots of all the little starter seeds and now what it has become. I am very proud of my green thumb.

9 comments:

Brett and Amanda said...

i click on your blog ever day and imagine my shock today when there were new blogs! It totally made my day!

The Allred Family said...

good job on your garden and peaches!!! You are do domestic. I need to take some lessons from you! Your mom taught you well. I didn't know you went to Mexico. How fun!!!

The Allred Family said...

Yeah, I second the first commment....you haven't posted in forever and then you do three!!! :)

Jenn said...

So cute Nichole! Your tomato plant post made me giggle. I love that you are writing so optimistically. Sometimes people just write the "downest" posts ever. Yours is very uplifting. I'm excited for your classes, those sound like such fun! Good luck with it all! Keep thinking positive!

Jenn said...

ps we should totally hang out sometime and do something fun. :)

Hillarys little Paynes said...

i am in love with all the stuff your doing. in fact im jealous. your living the perfect life. well under my standards. bargain shopper, domestic diva, savy student, fitness guru, and traveler. So fun. i wish you lived by me to teach me all this stuff. oh yah and how random is the thing with michael. soooo weird.

Jackie King said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you found me/my blog. I love yours. Too cute of background and pixs. So I definitely need to make some kind of garden one day. I'll have to ask you all these questions, as I learn how to be domesticated like you. Too fun. If we're ever in Utah visiting family this winter, we should hang out sometime. Take care.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Way to go on the tomatoes. My mom always grows them in Colorado but most years it starts to get cold outside at night before all the tomatoes are ripe, so she just pulls them up by the roots and hangs them upside down in her garage. I think you could do the same thing and just hang it in your pantry so that you can get them all 'vine ripened'.

The Sohm's said...

Nikki! I don't even know if anyone calls you that anymore. But I am so glad you found me. It will be so much easier to keep in touch! I love your blog. We do need to get together soon.