Sunday, September 28, 2008

Skinny Jeans


Erik has been out of town a little bit lately going to Dental School interviews. So i have had a chance to do some major girlfriend time. It's been really fun hanging with my married girls around the quad and also a lot of my single friends from High School who are out here going to the Y. So with these single friends i always feel way behind in fashion. These girls have the cutest trendiest clothes. When i go over there i end up just playing dress up and letting them doll me up with all there exciting clothes. So one of the latest fads that i am sure you all have noticed is the skinny jeans. I cant decide if i like them or not. I think they look great on some people. And they look pretty good on me especially in some sexy heels. But...i have yet to buy a pair of my own becuase i just dont know if i can pull it off. So i have always admired my "older, cooler" cousins fashion...so i am turing back to all of you to ask what you think. Do you think skinny jeans can be worn by old married women? Do you think they are too trendy? Dont worry about offending me in any way...if you hate them let me know. I just cant decide. Skinny jeans...in or out?

p.s. i really really hate them on boys...so that's not even up for discussion.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

You can totally wear them. I can't, and I couldn't even do it in 1988. Not a chance with these curves! But I'm totally fine with that. I've finally realized that I don't have to wear every trend (not that I ever did anyway), because some things just are not made for my body type. No biggie. I love how your mom says, "I'm good at other things." That's me. I look good in other things.

But I think you'd look great. Go for it.

rach said...

I thought you pulled them off really well. I think the trick with them is your whole outfit has to be trendy. and boys can totally NOT wear them. yuck.

Matt said...

OLD??????????? OLD????????????? really? OLD... come now lassie back in my day...... OLD??????????????? did you fall recently? give yourself a concussion? i think that if BYU says leggings are not modest then tight jeans are probably iffy, skinny jeans though (as long as they aren't too tight) with a pair of heels you would look totally HOT!

C&C said...

I love skinny jeans. And you are definitely small enough to pull them off! Forever 21 has some great, comfortable ones for cheap. make sure you get them in a dark wash. they are also cute with pretty much any kind of flats. don't be scared. you can do it! The trick to these things is looking confident when you wear them.

C&C said...

oh and ps: i don't know if you're a boots over jeans in teh winter/fall kind of person, but they are perfect for that--then your jeans aren't getting all bunched out the top.

She Loves To Make said...

Definitely agree about boys not wearing skinny jeans! That just creeps me out. Too weird! Gross. I think you could pull them off for sure! I think girls with long legs look great in them--and that's you! You'll have to go get a pair on your next girl's outing :)

Brett and Amanda said...

Please wear skinny jeans. they are the greatest. seriously, i'm obsessed with them! ps-this is amanda, not brett hahaha

dreamkas said...

darn it that said it was from matt sorry! didnt mean to wierd you out!!! it was me!

Tiffany said...

Skinny jeans are way cute on skinny people, so I think you could totally pull it off! Oh, and talk to me about being old in 10 years when you are as old as I am!

Anonymous said...

You would look great in skinny jeans with your tiny figure. If i was your size I would definately wear them. I am old though. You...are still yound so go with the trendy skinny jeans while you still can!