Our traditional Gingerbread House making must require it's on post!
Especially since this was only the second time I had done it without my Mother ever, and last time was a few years ago and I recall a few glitches!
In the past my amazing mother home makes one house per kid in my family. Not tiny wimpy houses either, awesome houses! I certainly gained a new appreciation for her after attempting this myself.
I had in mind a much grandeur house but I realized I didn't make enough dough to allow all the parts, so maybe next year. I had a few freak out moments when i called my mom while baking and forming the house, but over all it went well.
We invited a few friends over and set out more candy than you can imagine and went to town!
Here is Lucy's little house that a friend made for her.
Here is our final product of our family gingerbread house.
I am really happy with how it turned out.
I love this family tradition!
1 comment:
Just doing a little blog stalking. Thought I'd say "hi"! Looks like you guys had a fun winter!
Post a Comment