I have been eyeing this sectional couch at Ikea for months. I have been wanting a gray couch for years! So when my friend gave me the heads up that they had moved lots of ikea couches to the "as is" section I headed right over just in the hopes they would have the one I wanted. Well it was my lucky day! (or so I thought). This sectional is normally $1000 and I got it for $650. (including the brand new cover)
The problem was they gave me until close that night to come pick It up. This can be a challenge without a big car, a husband who works until 7 and a dinner appointment that night. After scrabbling to borrow a van, taking 3 trips there and back with the patient ikea guy to help me load and re load. I had to do the last part with my car and tying down the corner piece. I was scared to death driving home! But we made it one piece.
The next crazy part is as we were assembling the cushions trying to match them with the new covers we realized we didn't have all the right cushions. I guess that's what you get with an "as is" couch. Ikea does not sell separate cusions..so we did a little dissecting and stuffing of our own and made it work.
It was quite the project that literally took ALL DAY, but in the end it was worth it and we love it so much! Now the real decorating can begin...in January, once we get a tax return! ;)
1 comment:
Good deals always seem to bring drama but sometimes it just worth it!!! Looks great!
Post a Comment