Sunday, September 15, 2013

In our hood

Most of the time when Erik is home with free time we check out the things to do right in our own neighborhood. It's kept us pretty busy! We love Lake Ridge. 

The "big park" as Lucy calls it. 



Lots of pool time this Summer where Lucy became more brave and now swims without having the death grip on one of us. As long as she has her floaties on she is good to go! 
Although she still loves "horsie" rides in the water. (pictured above) 


We knew the Occoquan river was close but had yet to find any paths that went right alongside it. One of the first Sunday's here we went out exploring and we found a beautiful little trail with beautiful views of the water. 


At the Lake Ridge Marina we rented a little row boat one afternoon. Almost the instant we cut from the dock it began to sprinkle. But we were not going to let a little rain stop us. We tried to enjoy it and Erik paddled pretty far out and then it began to POUR! Erik rowed the long distance back as fast as he could while Lucy and I huddled together. I thought this is like the movie the Notebook. The rowboat, the rain, except not so romantic with a shivering 3 YO on your lap and rain pouring so hard on your face you have to close your eyes! ha! It was quite the adventure! 


I am not sure these pictures really do it justice but we were sopping wet! Luckily they gave us a rain check and we headed home to jump in the warm shower! 


Erik's Mom was kind enough to let me borrow her bike since she never uses it anymore. So now we can all go out on bike rides together! It's been so fun! Lucy loves sitting up front yelling when she sees birds, squirrels, dogs etc. Sometimes we ride to the "big park" sometimes we explore neighborhoods and other times we find trails by the river. I love this time with my family, although I do hate when we get on a big hill...then I start cursing Erik's name! ;) 

Yep, we go to church here too. Love that our building is just 1 mile down the road. 


Here is a map of our neighborhood and the bike/walking trails they are building. 

More pool time. I love that she will lay out with me for a bit too. I love having a girl! 

Round 2 of rowboats! It was a perfectly beautiful day! 





We also love visiting and feeding the ducks down at the Marina. 
Those are some well feed ducks! People are always there throwing bread to them! 
They get a little aggressive and scare me and Aunt Jennifer. 
Lucy loves it and cheers on the ducks when they get the bread! 




Aunt Jennifer's family comes to visit us on Sundays. We took them to our ducks!




My favorite trail we found so far! Isn't it beautiful? 

Loving our family bike rides! 

No comments: