Friday, July 26, 2013

Knudsen Knoll





This is my Cabin. 
It's not your typical modern Cabin. It has no AC, one tiny bathroom, no dishwasher, retro 70's decor and there really is not a whole lot to do up here. 
And that's why I love it! It really is one of my favorite places on earth. 
I love that you can't get cell service up there, no internet and virtually no electronics. 
Its a whole week stuck with my Mom's side of the family! 
I just love it! Isn't it charming? 
My great Grandparents and there adult children (my grandpa) built it with there own two hands. 
It really is a special place! 

The back deck view
I am really bad at taking panoramas on my phone...but you get the gist. 

The kiddie playset 
The big kid swings! 

Right off the bat we did one of our favorite puzzles! 




I was brave and went on a hike with Brig and Erik. 
I immediately regretted it when we were walking on some tall grass and 3 snakes were slithering all over the place! We kept seeing more and on the way back over that grass I made Erik carry me! ;) 

Amusing side story that strangely comes back into play later in the vacation:  Whenever I go on a hike or am out in nature I look around and I start to feel that eerie feeling. Like who knows what's out there. I re play scenes of various animals jumping out and attacking me. Bears, Moose, Mountain Lions, big foot, you name it!  I just like thinking about what I would do, or better yet, what I should do. I like to have a plan. So I brought this up with Erik and Brigham and they mocked me a bit and then I pushed them on it, like really guys, what would be the plan? Play dead? fight back with a stick? Run fast all in the same direction? ( I don't like this plan since I am the slowest) Run all in different directions? Or, do we sacrifice someone? 
That's the plan the boys decided would be best. So who? It was debated a bit and first all decided on Brigham. You know, the kids got no one to live for! ;) Then Erik boldly fought that really, I could re marry and Erik and I are sealed so we would always have each other and Brigham still needed to serve a mission and get married and really it would be better for Erik to die. So that made me even more anxious and we hurried our little nature walk along and all made it home safe and sound. I just love that they amused me and played out my scenario with a legit plan. It was decided- Erik was the sacrifice. 

I wish all these girls lived with me! 
Constant entertainment for Lu. 
They were so good to her all week and let her follow them around and she just adored them all! 


The "Rock Slide" 
We walk here every time we come without fail. When I was little we loved to climb to the top. It's quite the climb on all those rocks. 
(no makeup is a requirement for cabin week...sorry to your eyes!) 

That's about as high as we let Lucy go! 

Girls Club!! 

Playing Horseshoes

Someone to constantly push her on the swings. 
We could both get used to this. 

Until next time Knudsen Knoll! 

1 comment:

Hksedwick said...

You are hilarious!! I am cracking up about your plan on who should be the sacrifice. Rich still thinks it should be the unmarried/kidless one....HAHA. We had a good laugh over this.