I love the stage my family is in right now.
It really is perfect for me and I am not sure I ever want it to change!
I have a little brother and sister to entertain Lucy. I have one married sibling which is great for more grandkids to be friends with my kid and just a married couple to relate to. I love having a SIL. Danielle is perfect for Nate and fits wonderfully in our family.
Then I have my brothers who are adult(ish) and able to hang with us and entertain us. I love watching them date and go through life but I am just not ready for Noah to go on a mission. I feel like he will come back get married and then Brig will go quick, come back, get married and life as we know it will be very very different.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for more SIL and grandkids but I just can see how that makes life more complicated and harder to all be together. Kids make it harder, its harder to all stay at the same place, no more late nights playing games together because you have to put kids to bed, you have to work around a million more schedules! It just changes things! Right now I don't have to share Noah and Brigham with anyone...well friends but I usually win over them. ;) All I am trying to say is I love this stage we are in and am scared for it to end.
But this summer gave me a glimmer of hope! My brother may kill me for posting this but...this hope came in the form of Noah's girlfriend Torrey.
This crazy girl won me over! She hung with our family a lot this summer and we bonded almost immediately! It made me think, Wow if Noah marries a girl like this we will be A OK! It will just keep getting more and more fun! This triple date (plus Brigham) was a really, really fun night! Thinking about these people I love so much just makes me smile! I love my family!
(oh and the reason the picture of Torrey alone- she got a hole in one! Her first ever, I believe)
Noah's went in the water and his hand was stained a nasty blue!
Erik's hole in one face
And Nate joined the club!
I love these crazy kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment