Sunday, April 14, 2013

Golden Birthday

My big quarter of the century birthday was on Monday March 25th. 
The celebration started on Saturday when Erik's parents and sister Laura came down to take me to breakfast. It was really sweet of them to just come down for a few hours to celebrate with me. We went to Mimi's and I got the most amazing French Toast. It was like a cinnamon roll, dipped in batter and dowsed in syrup. Delicious! Then the biggest surprise of all they, with Erik got me tickets to Taylor Swift! I am so excited to see her. I know I am like 10 years too old for her music, but I love her anyway! 

I love getting birthday packages and letters in the mail. It makes me feel so special. 
My parents, grandparents and friends were so sweet to me this year! 

I was pretty bummed to see that it was supposed to snow on my Birthday. 
I was ready for beautiful spring weather! But, Erik being the awesome husband he is made it really fun. We went outside and rang in my birthday at midnight playing in the snow. We sled down our little hill in the back, made snow angels, had a snowball fight, it was really fun! Even better it was a delay for school so Erik got to spend the morning with us! 

Lucy was sick that day. It was so weird, I couldn't keep her awake, she was so drowsy and lethargic. I loved spending my day cuddling her and watching movies. I did NOTHING! It was great! 

This year for my Birthday I told Erik what I would love is for him to hand craft me some items for our home. I showed him some pinterest wants and boy did he come through! 

Erik made me this growth chart! 
I LOVE it! He did a good job! 


He also made me 2 shelves! They look so awesome! 
I love seeing him being all handy! 

I hope this tradition continues...I love having Birthday Cake Remix for my "cake" YUM!

That night we went to get my two favorite things...bread and steak!! 
Texas Roadhouse is the king of both those. It was yummy! 

Last of all on Tuesday night my friends took me out for Ice Cream. 

I love this girl! 
(no I don't have a red streak in my hair...?) 

And I got spoiled again from friends!

I'd say it was a perfectly golden birthday indeed. 

No comments: