Do you see why I haven't blogged?
I feel like it's been go,go,go since February!
Here was our Mid March Madness.
Lucy has discovered the camera on my phone (see below) and she loves taking pictures all the time.
I would make a face and she would see it in the camera try to mimic it, even check my actual face to see that I was really doing that and try it herself!
It became a fun game!
It's no secret that Lucy's two loves are William and the train at CMOR.
We got to babysit this little boy for a couple days.
It went really well and made us all want a little brother.
Lucy was bossy as could be.
At one point I asked them to go sit by the stairs and we would get our shoes on and go.
I was surprised when I head over and see them both sitting on the stairs waiting for me oh so patiently.
Then I notice Lucy has Jack in a headlock! ha!
I also attempted a huge Costco trip with 2 kids.
It went surprisingly well.
I got A LOT of funny looks though- kinda like this one! ;)
Lucy picked up the art of squashing an ant with the Friend Magazine. (a bit ironic I suppose)
Daddy was not thrilled at this new trick.
I got to face time with the family (and the whole Bingham HS) while my brother Noah opened his Mission Call. It was so exciting! He leaves August 14th to serve in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission. So cool!
Story of the mission papers (skip this unless you REALLY care)
My mom and Brigham were going out of town Thursday morning to a Lacrosse Tournament.
We expected Noah's call to come on Wednesday but heard a lot of calls were also coming on Thursday.
When Wednesday's mail came and went and we were all so disappointed.
That meant Noah was going to wait to open his call until Sunday night when Mom and Brigham got back.
This was KILLING Noah! So after school on Wednesday he decided he was going to the Post Office to just see if they had it waiting for tomorrow's mail. (i have never seen this boy take so much initiative!Ha!)
He gets there and begs for them to look. A very kind mailman does and say's it's not there but that if it comes early the next morning he will call Noah by 8am before the mail trucks leave and keep it out so he could come and get it. (the mail isn't delivered to their house until usually 3pm) We all figured that was a long shot but it gave us some hope.
So 8:00am comes and goes. Noah is at school. My Mom this time decides to go sit in the parking lot of the Post Office until it opens at 8:30 to run in and see if it's there. By this time I am thinking "oh no, my family has just become that family!"
Well all the craziness paid off because they had it! My mom got it, and they pulled everyone out of school, my Dad came home from work, like I said all of Bingham HS (it seemed like) came over and they opened it! It was so fun! So glad we didn't all have to wait!
I started selling my clothes on Poshmark which is awesome.
I have made over $32 in one week and it's super easy!
I love it! So I am always photographing my clothes these days.
There were lots of sniffles among our row the whole movie.
It's such a powerful movie. I love it.
We keep having one or two upper 50/ lower 60 days which are marvelous and then it's back to snowing!
Blasted Global Warming! ;) (or whatever it's technical term is these days)
So we try to really enjoy our warm days.
Happy hour (half off) sonic drinks. Yum!
Turns our tongues blue.
Love Lucy photo bombing this picture- and again mocking my face.
She be crazy!
Lucy is slowly getting better at wanting to draw herself but usually she still demands that I draw whatever she requests.
The problem is that I am THE WORST artist in the world.
So it's pretty humorous to see these chicken scratch drawings that mock me for days on the patio.
Can anyone tell what these are?
I will help you- Our friends from the Hundred Acre Woods.
Ya- that bad!
Nice weather calls for pulling out our sand table!
Lucy has spent hours out there! She loves it!
And so have all the neighbor kids! It's brought them flocking!
At one point there were 5 boys around the table. I really wanted to snap a picture with the caption
"My sandbox brings all the boys to the yard."
But I resisted. ;)
Well...i guess I didn't now.
These two love dancing! Erik does all his tricks and she just giggles!
They usually dance at the end of a movie during the credits song! ha!
This was St. Patrick's day by the way! Yippee!
All we did was wear green. I didn't even dye any food green! ha! Lame!
Remember how I said she discovered the camera on my phone?
Ya well I opened my camera roll when morning and saw over 200 pictures just like the ones above!
I couldn't believe how many she took! ha!
Erik picked up this and his gown this week and I felt so sad and so excited at the same time.
I know it's cliche but, it really did FLY by!
Speaking of graduation I need a dress.
This is a huge task to find when your somewhat tall and need it to be modest even when you bend over in the back. I am so sick of getting dresses that barely work and then I wear them like twice and give up because I am too uncomfortable in them.
So I found this adorable peach dress at Forever 21 for only $12. I bought some lace and under fabric at hobby lobby for $6 and extended the dress. I love how it turned out! I still need to find the perfect belt but I am excited to wear it!
My sewing skills are slowly but surely improving!
Sad day! Lucy's toe busted through her first pair of footie pj's.
I knew the day would come.
Lucy started her first swim lessons!
It was super cheap at the Y and it's really more like playing but she is getting more comfortable in the water which is important. She is excited to go each week and then once she is in the water she is nervous and wants to go home. But it's been an overall good experience.
Those big brown eyes just melt my heart!
I did her hair a little differently and tried a headband and I thought she looked so different.
She looked all grown up and so beautiful.
I'm sure lucky to get to hang with her all day!



2 comments:
Love all the updates, THANK YOU!!! I am so jealous of your occasional warm days..ours are a high of maybe 40 so high 50's low 60's would feel like summer for sure...by the way that dress you fixed is awesome. What a great skill to have!!
What a fun month of March! Congrats Noah on your mission call- Loved the story!! Lucy is sure growing up and it looks like she's so happy and lucky to have you as her mom! Super excited about Erik's graduation coming up! your sewing job on your dress looks so great!!!!
Post a Comment