In preparation for Valentines Day Erik took Lucy to Home Depot to make a mailbox for all her valentines.
And mommy Lucy made Valentines for Grandparents.
Bookmark for Grandmas
And a card for Grandpa's!
And of course her Valentines for all her friends.
I think we are ready....let the festivities begin!
Erik knows the way to my heart...flowers and doughnuts!
He also was a sweet Daddy and got flowers for Lucy too.
It made her feel so special!
It was hard to get her to smile.
All she wanted to do was "blow" her flowers. (smell them)
Lucy and I had a fun day at Music time with friends. Then later going to all her friends houses to deliver her Valentines. She also loved all the knocks we got at our door with friends bringing by valentines. She would get so excited and run and put them in her box! It was so fun!
Erik treated us to a candle light Italian dinner complete with his homemade Lasagna and he even went and got take out bread sticks from Olive Garden (the whole reason I go to OG..) It was delicious!
We dressed up to be fancy!
Please excuse all my out of focus pictures...
We wanted to include Lucy because I remember growing up thinking it was so fun to have candles at dinner on special occasions. She was rather obsessed with the fire...but next year I think we may put her to bed and then have a romantic dinner. ;) Love ya Lu!
We exchanged little gifts, mainly more candy!
Lucy's barbie dolls have been tramping around too long in there bikinis so I was thrilled when I found barbie clothes on clearance for $2.50! Perfect little present.
The day wiped her right out!
Sugar coma finally kicked in!
Later that night Erik treated me to an amazing hot rock massage (I look forward to this for months!)
I never will have to go to a spa again!
For the record....I did get Erik a few things including candy, a little book I made- A-Z memories of us, and I left love notes all over his closet and backpack. Just no pictures! ha!
It was a Happy Valentines Day indeed.
I am so grateful for these 2 in my life. It sure brings a lot of love into my life. So blessed!
2 comments:
First of all, it feels like forever since you posted! :) Secondly, I am SO jealous of your any time awesome massages...so jealous! And lastly, Lucy is just so cute I can't stand it. Cute, cute cute valentine love!
What an awesome valentine's you guys had!! Love all of the cute valentines that you and Lu made!! & how awesome that E can give you professional massages!! And totally agree, you gotta have romantic dinner w/ you honey...kids in the mix doesn't really cut it...I totally agree! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!
Post a Comment