We have taken turns being sick lately.
Honestly it has been more me than Erik lately, this picture is a little old
But you'd rather see a cute sick Erik than me, believe me!
Lucy hiding under our dirty rug! She cracks me up!
I have tried some new recipes lately.
One being this Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. Yummy!
I have to pat myself on the back- I have been a rock star at making dinners lately- a New Years goal..and I am actually starting to enjoy it more.
Last weekend we went to the Temple.
Lucy got to hangout with Grandpa while we were gone which she loved!
Afterwards we cheered Aunt Laura on in her Basketball game, which turned into a much longer event.
I locked our keys in the car and we waited at the church for 3 hours for a locksmith. Fun!
Wendy's Frosty's helped ease our pain.
Big packages on our doorstep are always fun, even if it's just Toilet Paper!
And bonus- it serves as Lucy's hangout for the day.
Btw here is her everyday crew- Nemo, Kitty, Mommy and Baby Fox and Rudolf.
She favors these over all the others and they do everything together!
Lately she has also had more interest in picking what she wears.
So far she let's me veto many things but this day I gave in to her requests for her favorite shirt- Jessie and her even more favorite- flower socks. She wants to wear those everyday!
Like I said before, we have been pretty cooped up with the cold weather so the Grocery store was actually a treat this week.
So lucky for us...
2 days later we were back because one bag of groceries didn't make it to our car last time.(yay!)
I was really bugged, I am a once every week (or 2) grocery shopping kinda girl,
but once I got there I decided to make the most of it and enjoy the trip with my one little girl.
This time I stepped up the fun and let her push a mini cart.
This may have been the highlight of her week.
I loved seeing her so happy and wanting to be like Mommy. I am glad I changed my attitude and made it a fun trip. We even went through self checkout and I let her do it! Nothing was rushed and we were basically just "playing" at the grocery store.
I think its one of those times I will look back when I have 5 kids and be grateful for and long for again.
Twice in the last week and a half we got little snow storms.
Lucy loves it! We have a small hill in our back yard that's perfect for sledding and she loves being pulled around on her blow up sled. (who wouldn't? It's even got a backrest!)
She also likes pulling it around and talking to it like it's a puppy...whatever makes her happy!
Erik and I took turns taking her our periodically and we both have come home raving about how much fun it was!
Trying mommy's boots on and not even able to stand up!
On Saturday our friends told us about a "Kids Bowl Free Day" at our local alley.
We jumped at the chance and headed over! Lucy sure loves bowling!
She was pretty good to! She got a 93! I am not sure I could do that, even with bumpers!
She also had just as much fun cheering on her friends.
She is so sweet!
Date Night!!
We had a PF Changs gift card burning a hole in our pocket we were dying to use!
We also had gotten free movie tickets for buying boxes of cereal that expired soon so we squeezed in a movie as well. It was weird- it felt like a full blow, grown up date! ;) High Rollers!
We saw The Impossible- the movie about a family vacationing in Thailand when the huge Tsunami hit. It was so intense and very sad. It was interesting though and made me grateful for what I have.
Anyway, it was cool because the movie was in a small building in the parking lot of the old theater it was like a private area with windows, and a super small theater. I liked it!
Erik loved it too because the seat rests went up so we could cuddle! ;)
I snapped this picture as we were walking out of Church today and I just love it!
Lucy loves Lydia and Will. She has so much fun with them and just is so happy!
They are so sweet to her.
2 comments:
That last pic is so cute! What a happy face!
You are absolutely right. You'll have 5 kids some day and will be so happy you enjoyed every moment of little Lucy! I still think back to all the one-on-one time I had with Evan and long for it again. I'll never have that much again except with my baby.
Post a Comment