Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 20 of 2012

I have never done a post recapping our year but this year as I was thinking about what happened to us in 2012 I kept coming up blank- nothing happened to US! 
 So, I turned to our blog where our lives have been documented. True, we didn't get married, have a baby, move, or graduated but as I flipped through posts I realized we had a pretty great year full of adventures, joy and growth. 
I think it's healthy to reflect back like this, I'm glad I did. 
I am a whole lot more grateful for what did happen this year then what did not! 
Here are our top 20 moments of 2012. 
(in a totally random order) 

August: Celebrating our 6th Anniversary in Georgetown by eating, shopping and biking around D.C. 

 June: Going to see Brian Regan Live! 

September: Going on our first Family Camping Trip and having a blast! 

August: Traveling to Chicago to visit Brett's family and falling in love with the beautiful Windy City! 

December: The magic of Christmas setting in! 
Really celebrating all the holidays with a kid!

July: Fox Family Reunion over the 4th and having a diving board contest at the pool! 

May: Getting a 4th member of the family- Fishy

March: Getting the best birthday flash mob surprise from Erik and my friends  
I STILL smile so big every time I hear "dynamite" on the radio! 

June: Driving to Florida with Isaac, Gracie and Nana to see our friend Mary and visit all of Disney world in the hottest weather ever! 

October: Coming up with a legitimate costume this year that was way fun to dress up in! 

Fall: Lucy learning all her letters and their sounds. 

May: Lucy turning 2 and celebrate Elmo style! 

May: Did our annual spring break beach trip with amazing friends at Myrtle Beach. 

April: Goofing off most weekends with these 2 hooligans and pulling off a pretty epic April fools prank! 

April: Lucy getting to meet her namesake Rachael and having her introduce the princess' to her. 
(she will never be the same) 
Also going to see Mary Poppins with the lady herself! ;) 

Summer/Fall: Surviving many a storm including a Tornado and a Hurricane! 

November: Getting to go to Utah for Thanksgiving and spend it with these crazies! 

July: Being a Ma and Pa for our stake's Trek. 

March: Going to Utah for these lovebirds wedding. 

Sunday night- Family movie night tradition! 

We truly are so blessed. I can't wait to have another great year with the people I love! 
Happy New Year Friends! 

2 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Yay, we made it in your top 20!!!! Man, I don't know how you survived Disney world in the summer we were dying and it was Oct. :)

Mindy and Larry said...

It looks like 2012 was great! Looking forward to 2013 and excited for Erik's graduation!