Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Visits with Santa

Last year Lucy was less than thrilled to sit on Santa's Lap... 

So this year I prepped her all week. She has been watching all the classic movies and is a lot more into Santa and Christmas this year so i built off that excitement. 
On the way over to the church party I explained to her you sit on Santa's lap so you can tell him what you want him to bring you on Christmas morning. I asked her what she wanted and when she didn't answer I thought I would "help her out" and put a little plug for what was already purchased- "how about a dollhouse?"  She thought about it for a minute  processing the whole idea and when realizing that she could ask Santa for anything she said "Mommy, Santa bring me a doggie!" 
Uh-oh! She already is using this Santa thing to her advantage....

Anyway I still wasn't sure what was going to go down, even while we were standing in line I could tell she was nervous, but with her eyes set on getting that candy cane my brave little girl did it!! 
"where are you going Mom?" 

"Ok, my attempt at a smile" 

"I want a....(mom brainwashes whispers-dollhouse!) Dollhouse!" 

"oh thank goodness...the candy! It's over!" 

Oh so Magical. 

Since that went well I figured, hey let's try that again and go for a smile this time! 

We met up with Lucy's friend Benson at the Mall to write letters to Santa and sit on his lap! 
Cute little Elves! 

Lucy LOOVED putting a letter in the mail. 
Top right corner picture- she literally cheered after she dropped it in and yelled "another one?"


Besides the fact that she looks 4 in this picture which make me sad- 
I LOVE my big girl enjoying the magic of Christmas. It's oh so fun! 


No comments: