Thursday, December 6, 2012

November in Utah

Lucy and I were in Utah for most of the month of November. 
So bear with me- this is a whole month of pictures and before I get to behind I am just throwing them into one huge post! 

We normally do not go to Utah for Thanksgiving but this year my parents friends needed a babysitter for their 2 girls the week before Thanksgiving. They offered to fly Lucy and I out to do this and then let us make the trip as long as we wanted. Perfect! My parents then flew Erik out for the week of Thanksgiving. 

I love my little brothers! They are growing way to fast! 
We went and did Baptisms at the temple then went out for Hot Coco at Kneaders. 
They were so busy I tried to bribe them with food as often as possible so they would hang with me! ;) 
Brig and I also played a game of tennis that week and I was proud to say I kept up with him! It was fun! 

Utah got a big snow storm while we were there and Lucy LOVED it! We made our first snowman. Notice the bags on the feet for the first trip outside! ha! Later that night we found the boots and full snow suit. She went back out with Gracie and we couldn't get them back inside! She loved eating the snow and since she couldn't walk around very well she hung out under the dry trampoline most the time! ha! 

Anyone remember this bad boy? (not Noah) Donkey Kong!!! I looooove Dk and totally grew up playing it. We found our old one and Noah and I were determined to beat the whole game. Alright I have to admit I quit at midnight but Noah conquered it by 1 am. It's amazing all the tricks you can remember after not playing in forever! 

Movie night! 
(yes Isaac was sick- he HAD to have the throw up bowl in the picture-thanks Isaac) 
I know I say it every time  but Lucy's four best friends live in Utah. It actually breaks my heart. She loves playing with Gracie and Isaac and loves getting teased and thrown around by Noah and Brigham. It is so cute to watch. It surprises me that they are so into her as well since they are still so used to little kids being around, but she truly has all of them wrapped around her little finger! She is still talking about them each everyday. 

I really didn't take many pictures until the week Erik came. I guess that was the most fun filled week! 

My dad recently started working in the Church Office Building in downtown SLC. 
My grandma also volunteers there once a week as a tour guide who takes people to the top of the building. 
One day we went to check out the view, my dad's office and have lunch in the exclusive cafeteria! ;) 

We also went to check out the new outdoor City Creek mall. 
It was beautiful! Lucy threw her first penny in the pond and made a wish! ;) 

Of course we had to stop and show Lucy the Temple. So beautiful! 

The day before Thanksgiving everyone was out of school so we went and had a fun day at a Jump place. 
(I forgot the name) 
The foam pit was Lucy's favorite! 
She loved jumping in with us there to catch her and she also would literally just hang out in there with Gracie. 
(good thing it wasn't crowded) 

Sliding down the big sloped trampolines! Weeee!! 

Doing Basketball tricks! 

The boys were determined to get the perfect facebook picture and had me shoot them doing every trick into the foam pits! ha! 

Thanksgiving Day! 
The boys played in a Turkey bowl that morning and Danielle and I went to "cheer them on". It was so fun to get to know Danielle more! I love having another Sister! 
The 3 tables at Thanksgiving. Young adults, kids and old folks! ;) 
I love my Mom's side of the family- I don't think I know any closer extended family than ours! 
They are some of my best friends! 
We had a delicious meal! 
Lucy's thanksgiving feast- PB&J!! 
And it still knocked her out! ;) 

I thought this was so funny- afterwards somehow we all started looking at the black Friday ads and just passing them around the circle. We did eventually start a game or two. 

Erik got his token injury from playing football, or was it basketball(?) with the boys! Happens every time

Friday was Isaac's Birthday 
Happy 9th buddy! We love you!

It was a little short lived as we quickly moved on to a mini Christmas! 
My parents gave us our gifts since we won't be there for Christmas. (same with Nate and Danielle) 
Lucy got scripture scouts! woot! woot! 
And we got a camping lantern and camp stove shipped to our house! Yay! 
We also did a Sibling exchange. 
Noah had worked on Brigham's presents for HOURS. There was quite a bit of hype around it and I think Brigham was speechless when he opened a homemade pop out card with money for him to spend on their upcoming trip to Hawaii. HA! His face was priceless. Noah thought it was the best present in the world, Brigham- not so much! ha! 
I got the new Taylor Swift Cd (YAY!) and Erik got lots and lots of Socks! ;) 

That afternoon...
Knudsen Gingerbread Extravaganza!!! 
Since my Mom was a child they have been making homemade Gingerbread houses. I have never missed a year of doing this and I was so happy when everyone was willing to do it early this year. I think each year the tradition get's a little more extravagant. I don't think Grandma K every imagined where this tradition would be today!  Take a look for yourself....
See what I mean? We decorated our houses for over 5 hours. We had every candy in the book, and every type of house imaginable. A log cabin, a pink house, a unicorn and even a gigantic castle! 

Lucy was in heaven! 
She was sneaking candy left and right and even started eating a candy Santa- wrapper and all! ;) 

Here was our final product this year! 
I think it is so cute! 
(No- I didn't carry it on the plane although I was tempted) 

My ideal kickoff to the Holiday Season! 

We also swapped present with my Grandma K. 
Headrests for all of us frequent travelers! Wahoo!! 

Later that night we headed outside for a cousins night game of soccer. 
It was super fun! I could have stayed out all night! A highlight of the trip for sure. 

We sneaked (snuck?)away from family for one precious hour to meet up with dear friends. 
The Miles and the Hutchison's graduated dental school in May and life has not been the same without them! (and a few others I wish we could have seen! *cough Shafers) 
It was awesome meeting up with them again! We picked up right were we left off. I got in the car and just cried! I miss these girls so much! They will always be a huge part of my memory of Dental School and some of the best people I know! 

One perk of having lots of boys around is there is always something everyone wants to play- Nintendo! 
My favorite this trip was Mario Strikers! 
but...the joysticks are all jacked up and our un-calloused thumbs did not love it! ;) 
I know, we are babies! 
By the end of the trip we had played all our games, watched all the movies we wanted to see (Spiderman was awesome), and played all the wii our brains could take. So, I suggested we dust off an ol' puzzle. Surprisingly everyone jumped on board and we got to work! After many hours we finally completed it before Erik had to head home on his red eye Sunday night. Not sure we will do one again for a while it was a lot of work but it was some good quality time with the family. (man I sound old) 

My last couple day's in Utah was spent finishing up some sewing projects and shopping with my Mom. 
We went to Ikea and to the new outlets at Traverse Mountain which were beautiful!  

A couple other memories I didn't take pictures of were:
-Going to Brick Oven Pizza with Grandma Jewkes
-Buying 4 swimsuits at the Hapari sale for under $70!! (being in that tiny store for 2 hours!)
- Going on a date with Erik to Mimi's and to see the final Twilight movie. 
-Surprising Steve Blake for his 30th B-day party and catching up with Michelle! 

After trips like these I am ready to return home but then within days I wish I could go right back! I wish we lived closer to these crazy kids! I guess it makes the short trips even sweeter! Thanks for a great time Jewkes! 

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe we didn't make the list of memories you didn't take photos of. ;-) It was great to see you! We love you guys!

The Fox Family said...

Wow! Your right Michelle! I am seriously going to add that! How did I forget?! Those were some long 3 weeks! Sad we didn't get to have lunch! ;(

Jackie said...

WAH! I wish we'd been there too!

Michelle said...

I am soooo thrilled that you said it was Steve's 30th birthday! That makes me 27, I guess! :)

The Fox Family said...

bahaha! Oh my gosh that's right, he was probably more like 40...Whatver you guys will always be 27/30 to me! ;)

Lisa Fox said...

Looks and sounds like you guys all had so much fun. Isn't family just so amazing and just so wonderful to be around when you grow up. I know they were always wonderful but when you become a parent you just treasure and love them all even more!!! By the way I love that Erik is representing and wearing a Chicago shirt!! :) xoxo

Abby said...

What a fun trip! I love your family. I always have. I remember seeing your family at church soon after I was baptized and seeing the love you all had for each other. It was so endearing to see, and I still see it in these pictures.

I will forever be grateful for how supportive, kind, and loving your parents were to me - especially your dad as my Institute teacher. He made me fall in love with the scriptures and taught me how to read them with purpose. I loved his simplicity in teaching, and yet it was still so powerful. It meant a lot to me then, and it still does.