Monday, October 15, 2012

Here and There

Random little tidbits in our lives lately, and in a random order...

One day we went out back to play and this is what we found. 
Erik and Will were twins! It was hilarious! Erik rolled up his pants and started acting like a goofy 2 year old and we all got a good laugh. We still are not sure Will had any idea what was going on! ha! 


One Saturday daddy came home and surprised his girls with flowers! 
No reason, just to be sweet. 
I loved it of course but Lucy went nuts! 
She was obsessed with her flowers all week. She would pull one out and carry it around all day! 
When she went to smell them often she would blow on them instead...so confusing! 

We have been loving our weather and have spent nearly all our lunches outside having a picnic. 
Lucy requests it everyday. "samwitch outside?" 
Well why not! 
We usually picnic with next door neighbor Will, but here is her good friend Benson over for a playdate. 

We have had some rain as well but we don't let that stop us!
Lucy is obsessed with the umbrella lately and so anytime it rains (and even when it doesn't) she like to go outside and walk around with the umbrella. This day we walked around splashing in puddles. It was a blast! 

Our letter learning is coming along. Last week was the letter C. 
One day we made cookies in the shape of C's and we surprised daddy at school and took him our cookies.
Later that week we talked about cars and we made this car which I thought was adorable! Lucy on the other hand just kept taking the letters off and the wheels off! It's all I can do to not yell "stop ruining my masterpiece!" But then I realize how foolish that sounds! ha! 

We loved Conference Weekend even though I had a fever and was super sick it was the perfect weekend to be sick since we spent the whole weekend on the couch anyway! 
I made these conference bags with friends. It is a genius idea and allowed us and our 2 year old to sit in the room and watch all 4 sessions of conference. A-mazing! 
The idea is that whenever an apostle is speaking you find their bag and inside is a surprise snack or activity. 
We tried to coordinate the activities to get to know the apostles better. 



  For example- a favorite was the activity for President Packer. He loves birds. 
So build towers using wafer cookies and throw graham cracker angry birds at the towers! 

or give up and knock them down yourself! 

Either way we get to listen to conference, eat our childs snacks and have a great family weekend! 
I will definitely be doing this in future years. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the conference bags idea! I've never seen that before super cute.

Lyndsey said...

What a cute conference ideas!!