This year for May Break we went to Myrtle Beach again. I was a little bummed to be going back, even though I had loved it, but I thought it would be fun to go somewhere new. Little did I know this was a whole new vacation! We stayed in North Myrtle beach at probably my favorite location thus far. We went with fellow 3rd years a few of which we had never vacationed with before and we had the best time! I would go back to this place again and again! The best part is that this location has been my favorite, AND the cheapest!!! We got a killer deal. I heart Barefoot Resort in North Myrtle Beach! Here is our vacation in a million pictures and like 10 posts! I can't tell you how amazing this trip was, but maybe these pictures can!
Saturday May 5th- We arrived at the Resort on Saturday evening. We didn't do much this night except go grocery shopping, settle in and check the place out. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at our place. The pictures did not do it justice on the rental website. Although it's decor was slightly outdated the place itself was new, clean, and spacious. We loved it. It was a town home, 2 level condo with 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. It was perfect.
Sunday May 6th- We went to church. (well most of us did!-ha) We all got ready and loaded and on the way to church 2 vans got lost and never made it. Unfortunately our car did make it! ;) No, it was very nice. Then we ate a yummy dinner, played lots of games and took the 4 minute drive to check out the beach. It was pretty funny because Lucy was TERRIFIED of the water/beach/sand everything! She had a death grip on my neck the whole time and wouldn't stop crying. She was terrified of the waves even when we were still up on the soft sand. I thought "oh great, this will be a fun trip!"
Monday May 7th- Our vacation officially begins. We all pack up and head to the beach. As soon as we pull up to the parking lot, Lucy recognizes where we are and starts crying. Yelling "No Beach! No Beach!" It was actually hilarious. We would ask her- "Do you want to go home?" And she yelled "YES!" haha! Well needless to say she survived and even adapted. She was very timid of even the sand at first but after about an hour she got down to business. This first day we still didn't really get her in the water though.
This first morning at the beach was a little cloudy and windy. Perfect for pictures, but a little chilly for the water.
Jelly Fish with a yucky crab on it! Pretty cool!
Daddy trying to get her to like the Ocean!
All our junk! ha! And can you tell where we all shop? Matching umbrella's from Costco- not even planned.
I couldn't get enough of this adorable girl in her flamingo suit. She loved walking around and chasing seagulls.
Erik would be mortified if he knew what I titled this- but doesn't he just look hott?! ;)
Erik in his element! You don't know how happy it makes me to see him out doing this having a grand ole time! He loves this! For me to have a good time at the beach all I need is sun and snacks. Erik on the other hand needs waves, waves and more waves! I am glad the sea obliged. He had a ball!
Loving all that sand!
I have to note about the bucket of water and watering can. This was Lucy's favorite thing to do. She played with buckets of water and that watering can for HOURS! It was a little annoying to fill those buckets up every 5 minutes but she was having so much fun, so it was worth it. And she would ask so nice "Ma Ma? More, please?" So cute!
By the afternoon the water had receded quite a bit causing small tidal pools on shore. This made Lucy's day! Finally she would get into nice warm, shallow, un-moving waters.
Day one at the beach did not disappoint. What a way to kick off our week!







2 comments:
As they say in Zoolander, "that [d]erik, so hot right now!"
Glad y'all are having so much fun! I'll be at the beach next week and this post got me ready to gooooooo :)
Awesome family picture! I want to go there now!
Post a Comment