Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lucy turns 2!

May 14, 2012 
I didn't realize as a parent how almost, sacred your child's birthday is. I hope I get these feelings every birthday of hers for the rest of her life. The whole day I just get an overwhelming feeling of joy, and peace and happiness. I think back to that beautiful day when Lucy entered the world and I just want to squeeze my little toddler! I love her so much, my life was incomplete without her and I love reflecting back and celebrating this incredible day.  

This year we had a big party planned with friends but coming off the beach trip Lucy got a little sick. So we postponed the party a day and just took the day easy. It ended up being really nice to have that extra day to prepare for the party and to have Lucy to ourselves on her actual day. 

We didn't do a whole lot but we did want to give her at least one of her presents. I was so excited for her to have this.
It's a really cute little kitchen with lots of sounds of the characters talking etc. I got it at a garage sale for $12! The moment I saw it I about died, it was perfect for my Lucy Lu! And as I suspected, she loved it! After her nap Erik had it ready downstairs and I brought her down, she turned the corner to see into the living room and LIT UP! She sprinted down the hallway yelling "Elmo!" It was priceless! 

Then, even with uncombed hair, we set out to get Lucy's 2nd birthday present/ decor for the party. A goldfish. Erik has been wanting to get a fish for Lucy for a while now. I didn't really care much until I realized I could put a goldfish on display at Lucy's Elmo party and then Dorthy could be there! Perfect! Ha! 

Lucy was more interested in bringing home this "mouse" more than the fish, but that ain't happening anytime soon sweetie- sorry. 

Re directing her to the Goldfish tank- She is not too sure yet! 


"I shall call him Fishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my fishy!!"
And thus..."Fishy" was born. 

1 comment:

Jana said...

happy birthday to lucy. i wish you better luck with the fishy than we've had with our last six who have "gone to play with Nemo in the ocean"... as Lily believes.