Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Goodbye Friends!

The night before a lot of the 4th years were leaving we figured they could use a dinner.
 So we threw a little barbeque. 
I also wanted to just say goodbye to all of them at once and get it over with. 
(don't mind the wild child down in front sweating like a hog!) 

It was really hard to say goodbye. 
My hardest year yet. 
I had some very close friends move back to the west coast.
It was a tearful evening. 
I will miss all the girls a lot, but
these 3...oh man, Chelsea life will never be the same. 
But don't fear, 
your legacy will live on through the freezer food and cleaning supplies you left behind with me. ;) 

Brittany Miles. 
She lived (past tense-sad) across the street from me for 3 years. I keep looking out my window to see what she is up to- only to realize she is gone!  (I didn't realize how much I did this- creepy) I loved hanging out front with her and our kids all day long! As soon as I would see her out front I would neglect all I had to do just to go talk to her.  She is the best to talk to, laugh with, and craft with, not too mention her kind, kind heart. She always did a ton for me! Wow, I miss this lady a bunch! 

Jackie Shafer
I wish we had gotten closer earlier, but being in the branch together and serving in Primary together over the past year has made this girl one of my dearest friends. I learned so much from her example, she has such a kind heart, not to mention she is the funniest person you will ever meet!  I love being around her and lover her to pieces! Unforgettable friend. 

Katie Hutchison
I love this girl! I think she and I have a special bond because we both struggled to get pregnant for so long and then got pregnant in the same year. It was so fun to watch our kids play and grow up as mom's together.  Katie is so easy to talk with and the sweetest person I know. But be warned...she is a bit quirky...and I think I will miss that most of all! 

Okay, slightly dramatic (maybe) but this is a big deal. I know they are not dead, but I am just so sad things will never be the same and we will never be this close again. It is comforting to know that I will always have these girls in my life and even as we grow apart this time has made a huge influence on my life and I will always look back fondly on this time. 

Addie Shafer, Charlie Hutchison, Lucy Fox 
Someday I hope these 3 amigos meet up again. I loved watching them play and grow together over the past 2 years. I know Lucy doesn't understand and probably will barely notice there absence but my heart just breaks when I think of her losing these buddies! I love these kiddos and both Lucy and I will miss them sooo much! 

Farewell friends! 
Till we meet again....and we better, real soon.
 Preferably somewhere tropical! ;) 




5 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

This made me tear up just reading this. I know exactly what you are going through. It is always SO hard to leave good friends. But what a blessing to have had so many wonderful experiences and to have had this time together. It really is a once in a lifetime experience. The best of times but also just the beginning!

Sarah said...

At least we can commiserate together. It is so sad to say goodbye! Next year it will be your turn!

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

And I'm crying again. Surprised?

Love you and miss you tons! Can't wait for you to move to Oregon (ha ha...).

Katie said...

I only watered up, are you surprised? Maybe someday I can learn to wear my heart out on my sleeve like you and Jackie!! I hope so.
I'm so honored to get a personal shout out! You really are the life of the party Nichole, and I'm going to miss you a lot. Hopefully we can all get bun #2 coming soon!!

Katie said...

Did I mention, I love our cute little sweaty kids. I felt the same way, but they make it look MUCH cuter.