Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Skanchy's Come to Town

Our good friends the Skanchy's came to stay with us for a few days last week. It was so fun to just take a break from life and get to hang with Lyndsay and little James all day. Lucy loved having a playmate around. We picked a few of the local sites to show them. 
1st Stop- Maymont Park 
surprising Lucy was rather scared of the animals. what? 

I love the Japanese gardens here, they are gorgeous. I think Lyndsay loved it too! 

It was quite the hike with strollers through the gardens. We got a good workout on this beautiful day! 


Aren't they just the cutest? And check out those gorgeous tulips! 

 In the evening we met up with the guys at Belle Isle. Another favorite of ours. 

Can you tell it was really sunny? It was a beautiful evening! We then headed to one of our favorites the Conch Republic. It is a creole restaurant, right on the James River. It was yummy food, great company and a beautiful night. I even tried gator tail! ha! 

I didn't get pictures of day 2 but Lyndsay, James, Lucy and I went to the Children museum which was a big hit as usual.  And later we dropped by playgroup with friends. Then we just hung out with Tony in the afternoon. That night we played games, talked and ate a bunch of treats. 
I am so glad they came down to see us. It was so fun to get to know Lyndsay even better and meet adorable James. I could get used to having a friend around all day- although I would never get anything done! Now back to real life. 

2 comments:

rach said...

What what? What's this? It's official...we need to plan out a visit so ALL of us can hang out at the same time.

Nice hair. Love it.

Lyndsey said...

Oooh yes!! I second that Rachel:) Thanks again for everything Nichole! I finally got around to blogging about our Richmond adventures and I came here to realize how bad I am at blogging compared to you... (Humbled once again by the Great Nichole Fox!) You make me want to be a better person. But then again, you also make me want to stop trying:)